baumer

Sabotage (2014)

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This is not as bad as the critics have said but the script lacks. You really don't feel that these people ever liked each other or got along. There's a scene where one of the team members die but the next day their having a big party with strippers. It's like they didn't care that he died. You never care for any of the characters besides Arnold's. The story was interesting enough to keep you interested in the film. Yes, there is a lot of blood. TONS OF BLOOD. 

Grade: B-

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum
  • Like 1

I watched this because the trailer was pretty good and I was looking for a B-grade action movie.

I persevered because this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and on all levels, something almost extraordinary. If someone wants to know what a bad movie is, this is it for you. It's not even intentionally bad, every single person working on this film took it seriously and what results is so inept, that you hope you'll never be involved with something like this. If we want to look at films or performances or anything really, as something to aspire to or what is the new benchmark, this shows you the other extreme, how bad it can possibly get.

The screenplay is terrible. Having then checked that Skip Woods wrote it, well, that's not surprising then. David Ayer, I thought he was supposed to be a director with some promise? But that's only because I heard good stuff about End of Watch. He also co-wrote this, so he is 100% to blame. The shots, the compositions, the perspectives, everything just screams amateur and "first time director and I don't know what I'm doing". The acting is just, I don't know, I didn't even know it was Sam Worthington at first, I was wondering where they found such a terrible actor to act second to the already awful Schwazfuckthename, and then I realized, oh wait, it's Sam Worthington, and I don't know if that made me feel better or worse. I know I didn't like him in Avatar or Clash of the Titans and this, well, you can't say I didn't have an agenda because I didn't even realize who he was. Then you have Terrence Howard who should retire if he's gonna keep sinking so low, the rest of the cast, I don't want to know. The script also, no one even talks like this in real life, the dialogue is so forced, the words are incredibly unbelievable, juvenile- this entire movie is a trainwreck from start to finish.

Also the story makes no sense whatsoever, but that's, if you can believe it, the least of its problems. Don't see this or if you want to know what a terrible movie is without a single redeeming quality, this movie is for you. It should be in the dictionary, or studied in film classes on how not to make a film. Not in its entirety, because it would be a waste of time, but in sections. Really, that people actually financed this, is incredible. Just tells you that shit can still get made, and people can still be bad and lucky.

F

edit: It doesn't even make me angry at all, like damn fuck this bad movie, nope, it's indifference, it's completely the epitome of what you should never do, textbook, play by play on making bad decision and wrong decision after bad and wrong decision.

Edited by BK007

Damn BK I can't even disagree with you although my review will be more mellow in comparison Took me 6hrs to watch this , I'll give this a C- Its terrible that's for sure , so many things didn't make much sense its like the evil twin of the expendables evrything that went right in that movie went awfully wrong here !I did not even know that was sam worthington until I read your review ouch, thought his face looked familiar but couldn't place him and thought he was some random dude you see a lot in background of filmsIts sad to see he hasn't found a footing in films since avatar I've yet to see him in a role I liked which has me thinking JC truly is the king if he can make any actor look better than they are in his films The reasons for the team turning on each other were head-scratching worthy , the woman in the team shacking up with terrence howard "sugar" was random I tots never saw anything going on not even smtg worth going hmmm over then she double crosses her husband who she seems to have a very happy yet dysfunctional marriage with At what moment where this group of people chummy and a family ? A unit like that would have to be tight to survive in their line of work , make no sense! I thought it might be their DEA boss who sent them in a trap ,stole their money and was taking them out or smtg then the remaining survivors would go all cowboys them vs us and expose those dirty cops Trueblood dude was hot though lol then he's always hot Josh holloway was hardly in this pfff I mostly watched it because he was in it even though I remember this flopped Oh shit talking about him I just realize who the black cop was harrold perrineau a lost reunion oh wait I don't think they had any scenes together pff Arnold was ok guy does his schwarzy schtick I'm fine with that but I had to lol when that poor actress had to kiss him and act like she had the night of her life with him Sorry arnie but you're a grandpa now in acting years you shouldn't even pretend to have sex anymore It would be easier to believe de niro or freeman got laid in a film as they still have mobility and peps , arnold is stiff Getting off topic but there's not much to say oh yeah 1 hour in I paused went to make my smoothie came back watched 5 minutes more then went to supermarket to get eggs, olives and bananas, stopped by bakery to get bread came back got dinner ready then sat down to watch remaining 40mn I won't say I wasted my time as during that time I did employ myself at chores I had to do But I might have been better serve watching a tv show instead

My ladyfriend's a big Arnold fan (she's from Styria herself ...) so finally we've watched this one, too ... and even she had to admit: they can't be very proud of this nonsense ... the less said about it the better, and the question remains why such an obvious direct-to-DVD choice ever got a theatrical run :blink:

It was a pretty big disappointment. The trailers looked good but they were misleading. The premise was interesting but the script was really bad. The action scenes were solid and Ayer knows how to set the tone and create the attitude of those guys but he goes way over the top here. The characters are extremely weak and a bunch of their decisions don't make sense. The ending was cool but it felt like a completely different movie. All the actors gave their best to a really bad script and a confused director. The trick that Ayer uses a couple of times where we watch 2 different scenes in the same setting but at a different time mixed together was the definition of confusing and pointless editing. It's a shame for Arnold since he's really solid here and has a cool character but he has nothing to work with or no one to get help from.

I hope Ayer does a better job with Fury.

• Like 1

I can watch the movie but really are the characters besides maybe Arnold are just Bleh they are just there and I don't really care about the other characters in the film. Really Sabotage sabotaged my memory but it's not horrible I can watch the movie but I can't say that I like it to the point where I can see it again. On a positive side note I can say I liked some of the action scenes but other than that just not much else I can say. Overall I didn't hate it and it didn't piss me off it's watchable but at the same time it is just there. Grade:C

Edited by Maxmoser3

Yep, put me in the liked it camp too.  They genuinely had me guessing all throughout as to who the killer was.  I liked the story and the action was well done.  I understand what people say when they say some of the script is weak, it is.  But there is so much to like in the film.  One interesting thing is that they changed the ending from what Ayer wanted it to be to what it is now and I like the idea of the ending better than what was originally scripted.  But the ending needed much more oomph.  To build up the killers of Arnolds wife to be so heinous and then only have them die by gunfire, was disappointing to say the least.

But still, it was a good flick, enjoyable and a good whodunnit.

7/10

• Like 1