Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

"At the most"? That seems odd. I'm fairly agnostic and I was assuming at a minimum it would do about the same.

Not you Tele of course. You had your finger on the pulse of the box office last night.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Nah man. By now it should be like that condom you carry in your wallet since you were 15. You want to throw it away, but you feel like you share a history. Like you are friends.

:rofl:

Too early to assume it's going to happen, but definitely worth speculating at this point. I think we already had plenty of indicators to suggest a 2.75x multiplier (or higher). Judging by the reviews and WOM, it stands to reason this could be the third MCU flick to hit a 3x.

3x multiplier would be really something.... it's very rare for comic book sequels to get it nowadays.Well... one question comes to my mind.... is it that CA2 is overperforming, or is that CA undeperformed? CA came after people had spent so much money on TF3 and DH2 and then it had to compete with many major openers in its first few weeks. I wonder if CA could have grossed a good deal more if it had some room to breathe.
  • Like 2

3x multiplier would be really something.... it's very rare for comic book sequels to get it nowadays.Well... one question comes to my mind.... is it that CA2 is overperforming, or is that CA undeperformed? CA came after people had spent so much money on TF3 and DH2 and then it had to compete with many major openers in its first few weeks. I wonder if CA could have grossed a good deal more if it had some room to breathe.

Captain America 2 is seen more as a sequel to the Avengers and not Cap 1. 

• Founder / Operator

Hmm, that's a good question. My guess is that CA1 just behaved normally since it was nearly identical to Thor's numbers that same summer. It's so hard to compare anything pre-Avengers to these post-Avengers movies.