Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

The 12M from Walmart is clearly separate from the 9M, thus making it a decent comparison. If you're going to say this is a sequel and shouldn't be compared than we should all stfu and expect this to make 30M total today. Wtf am I saying now? I don't know. Wrestlemania 30!

The 9m doesn't include Walmart, but obviously Walmart had some impact on overall sales. We just don't know how much, because we don't know what percentage of tickets that they purchased they were able to sell. In other words, Walmart took some demand away from regular ticket sales, because people who (presumably) would've purchased normal tickets chose to buy them at Walmart instead.

• Founder / Operator

So.... should we start talking about 300m, or is it too early?

Too early to assume it's going to happen, but definitely worth speculating at this point. I think we already had plenty of indicators to suggest a 2.75x multiplier (or higher). Judging by the reviews and WOM, it stands to reason this could be the third MCU flick to hit a 3x.

• Like 1

I think it's just Europe that hates America. Everybody else is too busy dealing with their own shit to really care.

Why would Europe hate us?  Captain America saved them from the Nazis and protected them from dem commie bastards for 45 years!

• Like 6

The 9m doesn't include Walmart, but obviously Walmart had some impact on overall sales. We just don't know how much, because we don't know what percentage of tickets that they purchased they were able to sell. In other words, Walmart took some demand away from regular ticket sales, because people who (presumably) would've purchased normal tickets chose to buy them at Walmart instead.

Right but there is no proof of all this and we just assume shit like this to make small talk. I want tea.