Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

They need to eject Goyer and replace with someone like Paul Dini. Otherwise it will be Fail Central.

No WB should just drop comic book movies as is. There lineup this year with no comic books is great. There are way too many comic books a year as it now. We do not need an extra two a year. 

• Like 1

CA1 also opened in the heart of summer when matinees are much stronger sellers than the first week of May. In other words, CA1's average ticket price might have been lower than Thor's.

They grossed such similar numbers overall that it's impossible to say which one sold more tickets. They were on very equal terms.

also, I remember Thor had a higher 3D percentage then Captain America. and it was opening one week after "Deathly Hollows Part 2" the biggest opening ever at the time, and it still managed $65m. plus i believe the dvd sales For Cap were significantly higher then Thor. so I put my money that Captain America, was always more popular then Thor  

• Like 1

No WB should just drop comic book movies as is. There lineup this year with no comic books is great. There are way too many comic books a year as it now. We do not need an extra two a year. 

DC characters deserve a real shot too.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

When this opens to 110-120 mill, picture this.......Hulk joining Cap in Cap 3 after Avengers 2........ 200-225 mill budget.......Mmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm170 mill OW here we come

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 7

I would assume Captain America does really well with older, conservative people.Also, First Avenger sold more Blue Rays than Thor.

My theater was full of kids last night. Lots of teens and families with little kids too. I suspect the action alone will attract the young male audience.

Batman is the only one I care about (of ALL superheroes) but even I can live without seeing him on film for another 5 years. The rest...? Eh...

Do you actually read DC characters, or are just basing that off the cartoons or movies you've seen? Cause DC has a lot of interesting characters, some that I find more fascinating than Batman, and think can make for very good movies.

Batman is the only one I care about (of ALL superheroes) but even I can live without seeing him on film for another 5 years. The rest...? Eh...

Batman is stupid.

• Like 2

wow I'm starting to think this might actually have a slight shot at beating TASM2. (domestically, TASM2 will obvious beat it internationally) 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3