Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

Happy to see this is doing better than expected; not happy to know I have no chance to see it until tomorrow night :(

I'm considering seeing it again tonight ... it was

Posted Image

... I can only imagine how many times this gif has been posted on this and every other board over the last 24 hours. :lol:

• Like 1

Posted Image

... I can only imagine how many times this gif has been posted on this and every other board over the last 24 hours. :lol:

Dat Franco thirst.

Bye bye Noah.

Noah's gonna drop better than most expect here. Mostly because I've noticed a lot of theaters have put Cap 2 in limited 2D showings (one theater by me has 14 3D shows and only 4 2D shows). If Cap 2 sells out those shows, then Noah is the second best option

Good. Fuck 3D.

The preview showing last night forced 3D on us ... and it was horrible.  Marvel films 3D is BRUTAL ... every 3D conversion they do simply makes the image murkier ... there's really little to no 'benefit' to the 3D.  Simply a ploy to get more $$$.

Opening scenes in Avengers and Cap 3 are nearly unwatchable at times due to it.  (of course, could be partially theater issues as well with presentation, I don't knowl) Thank God the story was so awesome IMO to make up for that.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 2

The preview showing last night forced 3D on us ... and it was horrible. Marvel films 3D is BRUTAL ... every 3D conversion they do simply makes the image murkier ... there's really little to no 'benefit' to the 3D. Simply a ploy to get more $$$.Opening scenes in Avengers and Cap 3 are nearly unwatchable at times due to it. (of course, could be partially theater issues as well with presentation, I don't knowl) Thank God the story was so awesome IMO to make up for that.

Marvel needs to bring in James Cameron and whoever handled the 3D on avatar as consultants that was the only movie I thought was worth it to see in 3D.

IM3 od was 15.6m + 15.6 * 3.42(53.3m) = 68.9m

Thor 2 was 7.1m + 7.1 * 3.49(24.8m) = 31.9m

According to Nikki CA2 is 10.2 + 2.43*10.2(24.8m) = 35m od

That would be a DoS like od : 8.8m + 8.8 * 2.54(22.4m) = 31.2m, towards an 85m ow or 90m with a better saturday.

Edited by a2knet

Marvel needs to bring in James Cameron and whoever handled the 3D on avatar as consultants that was the only movie I thought was worth it to see in 3D.

Marvel is to cheap for James Cameron. So they use person who handled the 3D in Alice in Wonderland. 

• Like 1

You can argue that Cap 2's third act is a generic action romp. But that doesn't counter my point that it is more tightly focused and less wasting than TDK's third act.

Cap 2 didn't accelerate one of its hero's biggest villains into suddenly going crazy and hijacking the third act of the movie for an epilogue that only serves to kill that villain off before anything meaningful happens. Nolan created, showed, and disposed of Two-Face in a few scenes. It was a complete waste of potential and utility and it's only made worse by how Nolan takes the consequences of that ending and throws it away for his eight-year time skip for TDKR.

I respect your opinion, but still i don't see it that way.

You could argue about waste of potential, but in TDK at least i never wished the movie to finish. With CATWS, during those final scenes i was hoping/wishing/praying for the nonsense CGI to stop.

Shouldn't waste your time with AOS shit ;)  You'll think better next time. :P

It's become a pretty good show recently...

Also, I know everyone here only cares about Cap, but Divergent passed 100M

Yeah, I only care about Cap as well :P

• Like 3

Posted Image

that's my favorite part from Spidy 3! haha :P

• Like 1

The preview showing last night forced 3D on us ... and it was horrible.  Marvel films 3D is BRUTAL ... every 3D conversion they do simply makes the image murkier ... there's really little to no 'benefit' to the 3D.  Simply a ploy to get more $$$.

Opening scenes in Avengers and Cap 3 are nearly unwatchable at times due to it.  (of course, could be partially theater issues as well with presentation, I don't knowl) Thank God the story was so awesome IMO to make up for that.

I know I purposely saw this in 2D because every conversion Marvel has done has been pretty bad. and I honestly don't feel I missed a thing.

Edited by The Winter Soldier
  • Like 3

IM3 od was 15.6m + 15.6 * 3.42(53.3m) = 68.9m

Thor 2 was 7.1m + 7.1 * 3.49(24.8m) = 31.9m

According to Nikki CA2 is 10.2 + 2.43*10.2(24.8m) = 35m od

That would be a DoS like od : 8.8m + 8.8 * 2.54(22.4m) = 31.2m, towards an 85m ow or 90m with a better saturday.

Hollywood Reporter http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-captain-america-winter-693851

"Captain America 2 is projected to gross $37m or more on Friday, including $10.2 million earned Thursday night."

That would make it 10.2m + 10.2*2.62(26.8m) = 37m

Edited by a2knet