Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

just went to grab tickets for my 2nd screening, for a show 1hr from now. ticket chick said it was only about 4% full (that was about 1hr 20min before showtime). There was another showing 40mins from showtime and that was only about 30% full.

just went to grab tickets for my 2nd screening, for a show 1hr from now. ticket chick said it was only about 4% full (that was about 1hr 20min before showtime). There was another showing 40mins from showtime and that was only about 30% full.

Where is this and what time is it?

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Ghost Rider 2. This is one of the worst things I've ever seen, and it's only occasionally funny-bad

lol

There are some films that you finish watching and go well there 2 hours or so i'll never get back....

AND

then there is ghost rider 2 :P  takes a very special place of needing to gouge your eyes out afterwoods to just forget the crap you just watched.  only a few films get that honour.  

• Like 3

Everybody needs to follow the RDJ route and do the commentaries in character. Christian Bale and Tom Hardy doing commentary with their voices would be legendary.

Nothing will ever top the Spinal Tap commentary where they were all in character. Especially when they talk about the sweatshirt that Nigel's girlfriend got him!
  • Like 3

Nothing will ever top the Spinal Tap commentary where they were all in character.Especially when they talk about the sweatshirt that Nigel's girlfriend got him!

Hah, I've never seen that. I should check that out.

Nothing will ever top the Spinal Tap commentary where they were all in character.Especially when they talk about the sweatshirt that Nigel's girlfriend got him!

How did CA2 end up at your theater?

35m Saturday is a better increase minus midnights than Thor 2...with that number it needs a 20% drop on Sunday to get 100m OW.  Fast Five dropped 27%, is gonna be close.

If the Sat number is indeed 36m, it needs a 25% drop on Sunday.

100m OW can still happen, its behaving like all the other Marvel movies, dont know why all the talk about being too dark for kids. If its the case, it was never gonna impact it on OW.

Anyway, 95m OW seems locked and with Thor 2 legs it would finish with 229m. That's the floor, 250 are happening for sure.

35m Saturday is a better increase minus midnights than Thor 2...with that number it needs a 20% drop on Sunday to get 100m OW.  Fast Five dropped 27%, is gonna be close.

If the Sat number is indeed 36m, it needs a 25% drop on Sunday.

100m OW can still happen, its behaving like all the other Marvel movies, dont know why all the talk about being too dark for kids. If its the case, it was never gonna impact it on OW.

Anyway, 95m OW seems locked and with Thor 2 legs it would finish with 229m. That's the floor, 250 are happening for sure.

it's not dropping only 27% 

Finally saw it tonight (I miss going to the movies but thats what having a kid and working more will do to you) only the 2nd film I have seen in theaters this year and I wasn't disappointed. Sure its slick and packaged, but Marvel knows how to do it like no other group at the moment. Only regret was having some of the major plot points spoiled for me ahead of time, oh well....

• Like 2

Deadline CA2 Sat 31-34m

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/box-office-captain-america-smashes-april-opening-record-with-90m-to-95m-or-higher-estimate-for-disneymarvel/

1). Captain America: The Winter Soldier (DIS), 3,938 theaters / $37M Fri. / $31M to $34M Sat. / 3-day cume $90.5M to $95M / Wk 1

2). Noah (PAR), 3,571 theaters (+4) / $4.9M Fri./ $7M to 7.5M Sat. / 3-day cume: $16M to $16.5M/ Total cume: $72M to $72.3M / Wk 2

3). Divergent (LGF), 3,631 theaters (-305) / $4.1M Fri. / $5.4M to $5.9M / 3-day cume: $12.5M to $13.2M / Total cume: $114M to $114.2M/ Wk 3

4). God’s Not Dead (FREE), 1,758 theaters (+580) / $2.2M Fri. / $2.7M to $3.2M Sat. / 3-day cume: $7.9M to $8.3M / Total cume: $32.7M to $33.1M / Wk 3

5). The Grand Budapest Hotel (FSL), 1,263 theaters (+286) / $1.8M Fri. / $2.5M to $3M / 3-day cume: $6M to $6.3M / Total cume: $33.2M to $33.6M / Wk 5

6). Muppets Most Wanted (DIS), 3,052 theaters (-142) / $1.5M Fri. / $2.6M to $3.1M Sat. / 3-day cume: $6M to $6.5M / Total Cume: $42.1M to $42.3M / Wk 3

7). Mr. Peabody And Sherman (FOX), 2,931 theaters (-368) / $1.29M Fri. / $2.1M to $2.5M / 3-day cume: $4.7M to $5.2M / Total cume: $101.9M to $102.2M / Wk 5

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3