Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

90-97 is great number for April and it's a new record so I'm happy with this number and over 250m. That means next movie can hit 300m, but I can't say that about Thor 3.

THOR 3 will always clean up in Europe. China responded well to No. 2 too. So the Thunder God is fine.

Why not? That's a perfectly reasonable multiplier, especially since this is receiving stellar WOM. It's more probable than possible.

If it follows THOR 2 pattern, CATWS will end up with $225M - $230M. But if the report that it also draws older audience outside the comic book fanboys, this may end up closer to $250M and beyond. But $300M is very unlikely. No HULK. No Hawkeye. And no Tony.

I haven't been aware of size of this thread. And started reading. Every post from beginning. (double stuffed Oreos FTW). But stoped around 33. page.82 pages? Daaa fuuuck. ;d Too much.

This is summer thread lite.  Sometimes they get up to 300 pages.

Why not? That's a perfectly reasonable multiplier, especially since this is receiving stellar WOM. It's more probable than possible.

2.7X will be interesting.  I too think it will get there.  But multipliers for sequels are not exactly good to begin with.

If it follows THOR 2 pattern, CATWS will end up with $225M - $230M. But if the report that it also draws older audience outside the comic book fanboys, this may end up closer to $250M and beyond. But $300M is very unlikely. No HULK. No Hawkeye. And no Tony.

Thor 2 had Catching Fire and the post-Thanksgiving drop to deal with. For CA2 the skies are clear until May 2.

• Like 1

$250m does seem like a good target, no huge competition till TASM 2 and very good wom.  It could even do more than $250m.

We all hope so, but in the words of the eminent Sir Winston Wolf, "Let's not start suckin each other's dicks just yet."

This is still a sequel and for sequels to get a 2.7X is not as easy as one might think.

• Like 1

The series that makes me question whether or not this will hit a 2.7X is the Fast and Furious series.  Both of the last two films were very well received and had excellent WOM and yet the best multiplier it could come up with was a 2.45.

I don't think it will hit a 2.7X.  In fact, a 2.5 seems more likely.  So I'm going to say that it does around 245-250.

• Like 2

Well, if you give it a 35% Sunday drop, it will do about 95-96 mill.

I'll give it a 30-32% drop for a 97 mill total..Because thats what i predicted :)
  • Like 2