Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

Just now, Chewy said:

They don't have the stones to trot out their megabombs in the heart of summer like Universal

Either that or in the Christmas season *cough* 47 Ronin *cough* 

Tarzan is a few months away from getting pushed to God knows where. If I were a WB exec and saw that I had to release that thing (that carries a 180M budget) I would pull it from existence. It is a fucking embarrassing project tbh. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

They'll probably leave it there, can let Suicide Squad's success overshadow the bombage

Tarzan and this in the same month woulda been a different story :stretcher:

That is true, I guess. Some WB exec will just say that they have Suicide Squad coming to cover the losses. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 1:28 PM, CJohn said:

Either that or in the Christmas season *cough* 47 Ronin *cough* 

Tarzan is a few months away from getting pushed to God knows where. If I were a WB exec and saw that I had to release that thing (that carries a 180M budget) I would pull it from existence. It is a fucking embarrassing project tbh. 

Well, that's never going to happen. No studio executive in their right mind would let a $150M+ movie sit on the shelf even if it's awful (which it probably is). They'll just take the loss and Alexander Skarsgard will have to accept that whatever dreams he has of being a movie star are likely going to dashed by it. No one will remember the movie even exists two years from now anyway.

I'm guessing a similar fate will fall upon this as well. Ho hum.

• Like 1

Wow. WB really is screwed without Potter. It propped up that studio for a decade.

BvS looks like a mess, then Tarzan, then this. Even a lot of Potter fans don't care about Fantastic Beasts. The trailer didn't even get that many views. 

Won't be too long before WB turns up at the doors of Radcliffe, Watson, and Grint with bags full of cash. 

Just now, Magic said:

Wow. WB really is screwed without Potter. It propped up that studio for a decade.

BvS looks like a mess, then Tarzan, then this. Even a lot of Potter fans don't care about Fantastic Beasts. The trailer didn't even get that many views. 

Won't be too long before WB turns up at the doors of Radcliffe, Watson, and Grint with bags full of cash. 

they have a plethora of superhero films that will get them through the next 5 years.

I love that the trailer for Fantastic Beasts trots out the Harry Potter theme to try and convince audiences that this is a continuation of some sorts and not an entirely original story. Wizard hasn't even been gone 5 years and already he's being cashed in. The shamelessness of it all.

• Like 1