Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Not quite. Thor and Thor 2 jumped 66% and 59% respectively.

Thor 2 was November..It jumped 59% and dropped 44.5% on Sunday - so didn't use it in my calc

Thor did have an IM3 like Sat jump in May.

Edited by a2knet

CA2's 159.7% jump is similar to IM3's 159.1%.

If it plays out similarly over the weekend, it will make:

19.35 (+62.6%)

12.54 (-35.2%)

43.79m

Why is the weekend estimate capped at 42m..is it because the 62.6% Saturday jump is out of reach?

Avengers, IM1 and IM2 Saturday jumps were actually smaller - 46.8%, 49.7% and 43.7%

IM3 would be an anomaly then for some reason..

because Cap 2 doesn't seem to be playing as a family film as much. Also, Rio 2 can take the Saturday family crowds

because Cap 2 doesn't seem to be playing as a family film as much. Also, Rio 2 can take the Saturday family crowds

But you don't know if it is or not until you see the Saturday bump.  

Any idea how much Cap 2 grossed in IMAX? I have seen that the IMAX 3D showings have been pretty full throughout its run so far. But it will be losing all those screens to Transcendence next week - that will not help a lot with the drop if the IMAX 3D share has been high.

If Cap somehow manages to drop less than 60% this weekend, that means it will drop less than the first one did despite opening much larger. That is a good thing and that's what I'm going to tell myself as I cry myself to sleep every night wondering why it isn't making more.

If Cap somehow manages to drop less than 60% this weekend, that means it will drop less than the first one did despite opening much larger.That is a good thing and that's what I'm going to tell myself as I cry myself to sleep every night wondering why it isn't making more.

part of that reason though is summer vs spring so Cap 1 had a lot more business done on weekdays.