baumer

Transcendence (2014)

48 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I've seen some shitty ridiculous movies in my life. Saw a movie once where Bigfoot rips a mans dick off. Saw another movie where zombies become smart and end up running for office.Oscar contenders compared to Transcendence. My oh my. What a horrible film.1/10

• Like 6

If your C is 7/10, your D is 6/10, I can only assume 5/10 is already your F? Why do you even bother with a 10-grade system then?

True, as why use a 10 point when 5/10 is an F, and then what do 4/10, 3/10, 2/10, 1/10, and 0/10 grades mean? I would only a 5 point letter grade would make sense.

True, as why use a 10 point when 5/10 is an F, and then what do 4/10, 3/10, 2/10, 1/10, and 0/10 grades mean? I would only a 5 point letter grade would make sense.

F designates that it's bad. 1-5 designate just how bad it is.

F designates that it's bad. 1-5 designate just how bad it is.

Then I would rather use the following and better breakdown, all the grades, rather than having 6 levels of F's, from 0 to 5

No, that so wrong. F - 1/2, D - 3/4, C - 5/6, B - 7/8 A - 9/10

I've seen some shitty ridiculous movies in my life. Saw a movie once where Bigfoot rips a mans dick off. Saw another movie where zombies become smart and end up running for office.Oscar contenders compared to Transcendence. My oh my. What a horrible film.1/10

Wow.  This probably won't even be a Netflix rental.  

This movie really isn't as bad as people said it was. Sure it has a lot of problems like some major plot holes but I was never board with the movie. Decent to good performances from everyone involved.  Very good cinematography. It was an interesting movie but once you thought about the movie, well it kind of fell aparts.Grade: B-

Once you think about it?  Really?  I didn't have to think about it, watching it in real time told me all I needed to know.  It's one of the most inane scripts I've seen get put on screen.  AI is one thing, making a human to look like a dead guy is another.  I don't remember anywhere in the film where it said they were cloning people. And then there was the particles that killed, and they terminator dudes and so much more.  This movie is as bad as they say.

• Like 2

Looks like I was too nice with my 2/10 rating...  :D  :D

• Like 2

It's an interesting premise but so poorly executed. It's incredibly boring and so devoid of tension. Still not sure why he didn't see them coming when they tunnelled into the facility.I expected more from the prequel to Revolution.

• Like 1

This movie has a 18% on RT. Why? What does in such a wrong way to deserve this punishment. I loved the ideas it brings to the table. The fear the humans had of something more evolved. The cast was great, apart from Depp who was sleepwalking, and the only big complain I have is that there could have been more action. The movie is beautifully shot and seeing it in IMAX was amazing. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

This movie has a 18% on RT. Why? What does in such a wrong way to deserve this punishment. I loved the ideas it brings to the table. The fear the humans had of something more evolved. The cast was great, apart from Depp who was sleepwalking, and the only big complain I have is that there could have been more action. The movie is beautifully shot and seeing it in IMAX was amazing. 

Posted Image

• Like 3

Yes! Thank you, CJohn. Though I dont think it needed more action. It's an ideas movie. 

• Like 1