LexJoker

Weekend Actuals 4/11-4/13

Shall we do a signature or name change bet on it, say for 30 days??? :popcorn: 

Yes, we can do it for as long as you want.  But before we do this, tell me why you think it will open that high.

• Like 1

Every summer, there has to be that rollercoaster of a ride type of movie and this summer, I honestly feel GODZILLA is it.. I think what we've seen thus far in the marketing, TV Spots, whatever, hasn't scatched the surface of what this movie is going to be like.. I think it's going to be LOUD and in IMAX, This is going to be quite the treat.. You'll see.. I can only hope that I'm able to see this in IMAX 2D instead of 3D.. 3D bothers my eyes, but if I'm stuck seeing it on the regualr screen, I won't complain.. As a matter of fact, I smell a vacation day for me on Thursday, May 15th, to see it at either 8PM or Midnight..

Make this a date night for us.  ;)

• Like 4

I see where BKB is coming from. It is possible that this film can be, please excuse the pun, a monster at the box office. It's an incredibly epic story and if it is actually as good as it looks, and it looks fucking awesome, this may surprise. 

• Like 4

Having it surprise would be opening to about 75 mill imo.  I don't see how this pulls a Spider-man and opens north of 100.

I expect it to open to $70-$75 million. The marketing has been exceptional and the buzz is snowballing. We will see how high Warner Bros. are on Godzilla when the final marketing push rolls out. If it's massive and the movie actually lives up to the hype, then I think an Iron Man level opening may be possible. 

• Like 3

There's not a chance in the world that Godzilla hits 100M OW.

Of the 26 films that opened to 100 mill, 23 of them are sequels.  The Hunger Games, Man of Steel and Spider-man are the others.  Godzilla is nowhere the popularity of these films.  

MoS is basically SUPERMAN 6...am I right?

• Like 3

Man Of Steel definitely should be counted with the 23 sequels, not the 2 non-sequels. 

And of course the other 2 are based on extremely well known characters that were already known and beloved by millions.

So really, not a ringing endorsement for originals or originality.

That said, to bring the conversation back to the movie that started it, Godzilla is also an extremely well known character that has been around longer than most of you kiddos here have been alive.

Edited by kitik
  • Like 2

And of course the other 2 are based on extremely well known characters that were already known and beloved by millions.

So really, not a ringing endorsement for originals or originality.

That said, to bring the conversation back to the movie that started it, Godzilla is also an extremely well known character that has been around longer than most of you kiddos here have been alive.

And he's never been overly popular in NA.  

• Like 1

Claire Hol7, on 14 Apr 2014 - 7:44 PM, said:Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh God, this will haunt my dreams tonight.

You and Me both. Dang! there goes my ice cream sundae, and I was looking forward to eating it too......

• Like 3

Shall we do a signature or name change bet on it, say for 30 days??? :popcorn: 

Damn Baumer is very brave.. .Baum you do know Godzilla trailers amount to over 50mil views and its the most talked about film all over the web.. I wouldnt take that one.. :P

Come on Godzilla... over 100M Lets...Go!!

• Like 3