grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

I don't know how people expected anything else out of Nolan tbh. The dude has openly said he thinks atomic weapons are the worst thing ever invented and this was something he said long before Oppenheimer was even being made so the fact this was ever in doubt is bizarre to me.

Yes but that precedes them, I won't be surprised if it's labeled 'anti-american' or something

2 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

Yes but that precedes them, I won't be surprised if it's labeled 'anti-american' or something

I think there will be some weirdos that think that but I think Barbie will be the target by these morons more then Oppenheimer cause a lot of the time they can't actually understand media properly. Barbie is also easier cause it's colorful, pink, and aimed mainly at women (though I suspect the demos for opening weekend to have a higher male ratio then we expect, think 60% female, 40% male).

1 hour ago, Niceguy said:

I want Barbie to get as much hate videos as possible. I want to know that those turds are mad and helpless to do anything as it is succeeding commercially and critically.

Lmao I guarantee the "go woke go broke" crowd will spin this as a right-centred movie if it ends up being a success just like they did with Mario. They'll probably say it was only a success because both of the leads were white or something.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Lmao I guarantee the "go woke go broke" crowd will spin this as a right-centred movie if it ends up being a success just like they did with Mario. They'll probably say it was only a success because both of the leads were white or something.

I still remember that crowd trying to twist themselves into trying to pretend Captain Marvel was some kind of huge flop for Marvel. Like sure Jan, the highest grossing origin film the MCU has ever done (not counting Black Panther as an origin film) both domestically and worldwide is a flop. Lol. Lmao even.

Not ready for The Marvels discourse in November that's for sure. I already know Barbie is going to be hell and I don't want that twice in the same year.

2 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

I still remember that crowd trying to twist themselves into trying to pretend Captain Marvel was some kind of huge flop for Marvel. Like sure Jan, the highest grossing origin film the MCU has ever done (not counting Black Panther as an origin film) both domestically and worldwide is a flop. Lol. Lmao even.

Not ready for The Marvels discourse in November that's for sure. I already know Barbie is going to be hell and I don't want that twice in the same year.

Highest grossing film for a superheroine as well. Seeing this kind of narrative here on BOT out all places is mind boggling.

14 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Lol even if you do count Black Panther, it's funny that the two highest-grossing origin movies are black and female respectively, but they can't even see that for whatever reason

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

oh so Oppen is higly anti american military? It's gonna get the hate too once someone will explain them the meaning of the movie. 

not anti-military directly but it subtly takes the stance that the bomb should have never been made and never been dropped

3 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

Lol even if you do count Black Panther, it's funny that the two highest-grossing origin movies are black and female respectively, but they can't even see that for whatever reason

I think it’s become this toxic feedback loop. They exaggerate their already bad takes to appease their hateful audience.

32 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

I still find the funniest aspect of the "Woke/Broke" crowd is the highest grossing movie of all time and the third highest grossing movie of all time are the most down-the-line anti-corporate, environmentalist, patriarchy-bashing, money-ruins-everything, save the natural world hippyism you could possibly design.

If course it never occurs to them to bash Avatar not only because it makes gazillions, but because it doesn't have any women they can hate front and centre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobzaruni said:

YES, I want to see them seethe and scream at the wall

That won't be happening.

Most of them are bullies. They attack divisive or brittle movies/shows, not usually mess so much with very popular movies/shows.

That's why Rings of Power has review bombing, while House of the Dragon not. Both do the exact same thing by using black actors.

PS: Don't misunderstand me, there will always accusations of woke, but it won't be so big if the show/movie isn't divisive.

27 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I still find the funniest aspect of the "Woke/Broke" crowd is the highest grossing movie of all time and the third highest grossing movie of all time are the most down-the-line anti-corporate, environmentalist, patriarchy-bashing, money-ruins-everything, save the natural world hippyism you could possibly design.

If course it never occurs to them to bash Avatar not only because it makes gazillions, but because it doesn't have any women they can hate front and centre. 

give us blue people as main characters but no blacks! 

Edited by vale9001

39 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I've seen so hate videos for Avatar in the first weekend (when the numbers didn't look so big). These were often associated with "Disney failing".

There were also videos criticizing the bad handle of female character, but I guess these wouldn't be "hate videos".

Edited by Kon

6 minutes ago, JWR said:

Why was Gaetz even there is my question. 

Gaetz is definitely bit unique...he isn't like a typical GOP congressman. Even going by his policy views, he comes across as bit libertarianish and not a crazy conservative...my guess is his friend circle is bit more liberalish than those of a typical GOP congressman