grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

We would have been a decent movie?

That Super Mario film already came out in 1993

FtZSqwqaQAImdFL.jpg

Mario fans had had to live with that disgrace for 30 years now. The new Mario movie which is actually faithful to the source material is Citizen Kane in comparison, no wonder it made a Billie.

32 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Gerwig should do a DC movie. She'd be wasted in the MCU machine. 

Her doing Gotham City Sirens would be a dream. Hope Margot continues as Harley. 

I don't want GCS to be Harley Quinn & Friends like BoP. Catwoman and especially Poison Ivy are superior characters.

4 minutes ago, zlazer said:

I honestly thought this may win over on the Critical reviews over Oppehaimer after the crazy strong reviews

It's about a consumerist product. It was always going to have the harder battle than a film about demons of regret haunting the inventor of the atomic bomb (provided Nolan didn't drop the ball).

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's about a consumerist product. It was always going to have the harder battle than a film about demons of regret haunting the inventor of the atomic bomb (provided Nolan didn't drop the ball).

This has nothing to do with what it is or was it more an opinion on what I thought a Barbie movie would be and how it would be reviewed, so my expectations were smashed making me think it may be more highly reviewed. 

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ken is getting raves but not It's Joever ones like RDJ. Wth 18 reviews on MC that gave Oppenheimer perfect 100 score, critics clearly want it to win everything. The allure of "demons of regret" is too strong. :sadfleck:

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Both RDJ and Gosling are great actors but I put RDJ above Gosling. Either way it would be good to see both of them nominated. 

that for sure. You see I want both to win but I prefer Gosling cause his role is not something AMPAS awards every day. I'm sure RDJ is amazing but it's still a historical figure and they love to award those roles (and illness/disability). But maybe Margot? is there a presumed frontrunner in Actress that she couldn't overcome with her iconic turn?

@WorkingonaName RDJ reviews are It's Joever. So are Goransson's. Seems like 2 categores locked up early.

Edited by Valonqar

11 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Yeah, also here Barbie has 6.0-6.5 reactions. Think this could be another 2023 blockbuster which doesn't connect that well outside of US.

And we don't know what its reactions would be in the US; it's a PG-13 lighthearted comedy movie, but it's still a WB movie, so we can't say for sure it will be well received here. By the way, to which country do you belong?

Edited by Willowra

4 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

depends If Gladstone goes supporting or not. 

2 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

Gladstone is the biggest lock of the year 

so Gladstone could go Lead but Gosling will be frauded in Supporting? C'mon man!