grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

On 4/27/2022 at 5:17 PM, Jonwo said:

If the song Barbie Girl either original or cover doesn't feature in the film or the trailer, I will be hugely disappointed. 

have you read the lyrics? 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

have you read the lyrics? 

It's always fun to go back to the lyrics of songs you remember jamming to as a kid, only to pick up on all the dirty stuff. I loved listening to "Only the Good Die Young" when I was younger because I loved the beat and Billy Joel's soothing vocals. Then I actually bothered to look at the words and...my goodness.

My sister went through the same thing about a year ago when she listened to Flo Rida's "Whistle" for the first time in years.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:31 AM, excel1 said:

This probably will beat Oppenheimer at the box office...

Probably, for no other reason then many people don't know who Oppeneimer was.

I think that is tragic and says something pretty bad about the culture we live in, but it's fact.

Which is not to day I won't go see both.  Though I don't c onsider him God, I do give Nolan credit for being willing to take on historical films which few directors are willing to do nowdays.

And Gerwig, well, being raised in, and now once again, living in Sacramento, I have to support the Home Town Girl..particularly since with Ladybird she put Sacramento on the map. God, I have been to every location in the film, and drive over the bridge that is the rite of passage for the charecter every day.

• Like 1

While Liu could not confirm any rumors about “Barbie,” he did say “the discourse online is giving me life,” adding, “With every casting announcement or bit of news, they’re like: ‘What is this?’ And that’s perfect — the less you know about it the better.”

Liu recently told GQ UK that he knew almost nothing about the “Barbie” movie when he agreed to audition for a role. The actor decided to throw his name in the ring for a role after a junior agent at his agency told him Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach’s script for the film was one of the best he’d ever read.

“He literally said this verbatim,” Liu said. “He was like, ‘If I could stake my career on any one script, it’s the ‘Barbie’ script. I really think you should do it.’”

Liu described “Barbie” as “wild” and “incredibly unique,” adding, “I wish I could just show you what we do day-to-day because it’s crazy.” The film is not a musical, but Liu said he’s been in dance rehearsals aplenty for the movie.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/simu-liu-waxed-body-barbie-movie-1235281905/

"“With every casting announcement or bit of news, they’re like: ‘What is this?’ And that’s perfect — the less you know about it the better.”"

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's go to be a deconstruction of Barbie. Call me crazy, it's just a feeling.