grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

9 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

i think the reason of the ban is another scene. I can't believe is that unserious map you almost didn't see behind barbie 

There can't be any other reasons but could be other scene (I agree). All portals even the Vietnamese State-affiated Media is reporting the same. Even if Censors didn't spoke about it we all might gone through a search for exact one. But, here, Censor clearly mentioned about "9-dash line" for closing doors into Vietnamese Theatres. May be that's an another map not the one reference here.

Edited by Issac Newton

15 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Tell me you don't have kids without telling me you don't have kids.

kids can have different taste. Of course this is the same for everyone and for adults too but education and personal attitude have a bigger impact on them cause they can control them less. For some kids a captain america movie can be very boring while for someone is exciting.

When i went with two my little cousins to see Beaty and the Beast (live action) one asked "when it ends?" cause she was very bored at some point", the other really liked it.

What we should talk is, in general, the movie can be liked by kids-most kids or it's like "Beau is afraid", a movie just IS NOT for kids in any form. I don't think this is the case. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If having a trans character alone was enough to get West Side Story banned a number of countries with out-of-touch views, I imagine the Hari Nef character would be enough to cause the same here.

Yeah, Middle East &North Africa will be difficult - 

Clearing release approval is getting much tougher these days.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Philippines Current Government is installed by CCP so they might reconsider but this is territorial dispute so can't confirm either.

w-Lw6ui-V-d.webp

• Like 1

anyway to most skeptcism from users saying "tell me you have not kids without telling you're not kids" or something similar i would respond with "tell me you're a male without telling me you're  a male".

Cause it's not possibile to not see how what you see in the trailer is a daydream for the average girl from 4 to 18. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If having a trans character alone was enough to get West Side Story banned a number of countries with out-of-touch views, I imagine the Hari Nef character would be enough to cause the same here.

I think that's a given. ATSV got banned in UAE just for the trans flag that was blink and you miss it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, this movie’s going to be banned from several Southeast Asian countries, probably a large chunk of the Middle East and maybe China too? Did I get all that? 

Barbie has a confirmed release date in China, July 21.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Got it. I just wasn’t sure because they supposedly don’t like Simu Liu, and I wasn’t sure how they’d react to Hari Nef.

the person who saw it can confirm but i think Hari Nef "is just there". She's not described as trans person but as a woman like the others (which she's it). So probably they don't feel it like "it's propaganda or something explicit" and kids  just don't see anything strange.