11 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Changes don't start until 4th of April so won't know for sure what it will be like for a week and a half but yeah it is possibly that if social distancing is still in place it will not have a major impact on things for now. 

The vaccine pass removal is 4th April, while the capacity limit increases are at 11:59pm this Friday, so essentially from Saturday if I'm not mistaken? That's why I checked for Saturday sessions.

Yeah I think my last packed cinema was Free Guy right before the Delta wave, I'll be watching Doctor Strange probably no matter what opening night (unless I have COVID or some other medical or family issue) but yeah low cases and a packed cinema would be cool. Spider-Man was still pretty hype even with 1/3 to 1/2 capacity but the pops would have been better with a full house and I think the same will be the case for DS2 

I saw NWH opening night (not first though since they had screenings during the day) and that audience got pretty hyped lol. Would've been great it it was the full 425 seat IMAX capacity instead of just 100 since that was pretty loud so I'm imagining how epic a full house would've been. It's definitely a possibility we could get to no capacity limits just with masking still in place, but we won't know for a few weeks. Although I'm wondering what'll happen with ticket sales and if we're still in red but then change to orange later. Would be annoying that there'd be all the social distancing gaps and would still affect capacity. Makes me wonder if cinemas here will hold off on presales a bit if there's a chance we could go to orange by the time of release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamora said:

The vaccine pass removal is 4th April, while the capacity limit increases are at 11:59pm this Friday, so essentially from Saturday if I'm not mistaken? That's why I checked for Saturday sessions.

Ah cool, seems like we might have to wait to they move things to Orange then before we get full crowds. 

2 minutes ago, Gamora said:

It's definitely a possibility we could get to no capacity limits just with masking still in place, but we won't know for a few weeks. Although I'm wondering what'll happen with ticket sales and if we're still in red but then change to orange later. Would be annoying that there'd be all the social distancing gaps and would still affect capacity. Makes me wonder if cinemas here will hold off on presales a bit if there's a chance we could go to orange by the time of release.

Yeah that is possible, I guess it depends what things are looking like 2-3 weeks from now for DS2 presales at least. 

• Like 1

Hurrah, going to Orange tonight and I can see the Event Cinema site has already dropped the social distancing seating for sessions from tomorrow onwards, so I'm hoping the MoM showings will fill up now. I'm ready for that opening night preview crowd experience. :D

• Like 1

DS: MOM Dailies

D1 : NZ$448,972

D2 : NZ$421,505

D3 : NZ$563,899

D4 : NZ$875,574

D5 : NZ$565,022

OW: NZ$2,874,971

For COMPS

SM:NWH Dailies

D1 : NZ$1,006,321

D2 : NZ$x,760,991

D3 : NZ$x,809,681

D4 : NZ$x,759,382

OW: NZ$3,336,375

Final: NZ$11,880,076

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

Top Grosser in New Zealand

1. Avatar - NZ$17,367,465
  2. SW: TFA - NZ$14,632,603
  3. LOTR: I - NZ$14,609,037
  4. A: EG - NZ$14,480,054
  5. Titanic - NZ$14,010,448
  6. LOTR: III - NZ$13,619,235
  7. The Lion King - NZ$13,018,418
  8. HFTW (local) - NZ$12,206,995
  9. LOTR: II - NZ$12,138,081
  10. SM: NWH - NZ$11,880,770
Edited by Issac Newton

Haven't done a count but just looked at Event and Hoyts some of the bigger cinemas and Thor seems kind of muted here, kind of weird for a Taika film, although it is the middle of winter here so maybe that is a factor and I haven't been looking at how other films have been doing lately but this seems to be doing less than DS2 and NWH here so far. 

6 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I want NZ$14m to happen for TGM. Any holidays coming up the next couple of months that can give it a boost?

It's the school holidays right now, but other than that it's a bit of a drought till Labour Day in late October.

18 hours ago, Potiki said:

Made it easy for people to see, hope you don't mind. 

No probs at all...in-fact i was struggling to post it like you did 😅

How to post it this way? really dont remember how to post it this way as came back after a long time 

• Like 1