Fancyarcher

The BFG (Spielberg Attached to Direct) July 1, 2016

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Hmm.

4fY36JG+OcKA8AAAAASUVORK5CYII= DavidPoland
The BFG is easily the best, most valuable use of 3D without being stunty since Avatar.
6/7/16, 7:02 PM

Its unfortunate 3D does Jack and shit for me.  Even Avatar.

That new poster is ugly.  But...looking forward to this.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I ve read reviews from Spielberg's fans for this that are heartbreaking ... but people have their men period at Cannes so ...

Heartbreaking like its emotional?

Or...it sucks?

3 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Heartbreaking like its emotional?

Or...it sucks?

Like this was terrible but like i said, people are kind of overreacting at Cannes, must be the cocaine in the parties at night...

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Like this was terrible but like i said, people are kind of overreacting at Cannes, must be the cocaine in the parties at night...

Hmm...

Well, I'm still hopeful.  If not, hopefully I have some cocaine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Fans are the worst. I don't really care about their opinion. :lol: 

Yeah, I don't put much stock into their opinion myself. They can overreact quite badly after all.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

wP69SBedjskXAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg== Breznican
Took the little ones to see The BFG tonight, their first Spielberg movie in a theater. Conjured memories of '82 & seeing E.T. at their age.
6/21/16, 10:14 PM

s5YWtTUwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg== juanmadpelicula
@Breznican Did they like it?
6/21/16, 10:25 PM

wP69SBedjskXAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg== Breznican
Very much. It's surprisingly faithful to the book, and they were entranced by the magic world & grandfatherly giant. https://t.co/C5hG7VRInn
6/21/16, 10:34 PM
  • Like 6

We'll probably be seeing it in 2D (Tele Jr doesn't really get the deal with 3D glasses right now), but I watched a short clip and it looks like Spielberg shoots a fair amount with wider lenses, really emphasizing the depth of the image. It seems like it'd be pretty effective in 3D. 

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder if the muted marketing campaign is the result of Spielberg not renewing his DreamWorks deal with Disney so they decided to throw the movie under a bus as payback.

"Take THAT Spielberg! A movie that WE'RE releasing under OUR brand, we are going to do whatever we can to make it BOMB!"

"Haha! Sure showed him right guys?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I wonder if the muted marketing campaign is the result of Spielberg not renewing his DreamWorks deal with Disney so they decided to throw the movie under a bus as payback.

Because it makes sense to antagonize the most powerful filmmaker in Hollywood? :thinking: 

I don't really buy the "muted" campaign either, I'm seeing plenty of BFG spots on TV on major programming, billboards everywhere, posters on buses, etc.

2 minutes ago, Free State of Tele said:

Because it makes sense to antagonize the most powerful filmmaker in Hollywood? :thinking: 

I don't really buy the "muted" campaign either, I'm seeing plenty of BFG spots on TV on major programming, billboards everywhere, posters on buses, etc.

Not to mention the First Look cinema marketing.