Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fancyarcher

The BFG (Spielberg Attached to Direct) July 1, 2016

In a perfect world, he would have done this:

December 2014 (wide release after Oscar noms)- American Sniper 

October 2015 - Robocalypse (could be released first weekend of October like Gravity and Real Steel)

December 2015 - the Tom Hanks Cold War drama

April 2016 - The BFG (avoid competition with bigger kids films) 

With a musical and potentially another drama/thriller later down the road 

That date isn't great. Also scheduled is angry birds, tarzan and Independence Day 2. Also within 3 weeks either side are finding dory, HTTYD3, marvel untitled and if age 5. I am expecting some release date shuffles soon

That date isn't great. Also scheduled is angry birds, tarzan and Independence Day 2. Also within 3 weeks either side are finding dory, HTTYD3, marvel untitled and if age 5. I am expecting some release date shuffles soon

Angry Birds will be a non-entity and I doubt ID 2 will actually get made.

The BFG will move, I doubt it'll even be finished by then.

Awesome! I was hoping something other than your generic sequel would take the 4th of July weekend slot for 2016, and I'm really happy to see it's a Spielberg film.