CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I agree with your New Coke comparison and TASM 3 and 4 becoming one film, but I don't know if any sort of regular reboot can work, even a non-origin one. It's just all gonna seem so redundant at that point, unless they wait a really long time and you know Sony sure as hell won't do that with this one of their only franchises. That's why I want something totally new if we are gonna get another reboot, like 2099. It would be entirely unique and different while still holding onto the brand name of Spiderman. And I think there's some cool potential there too for movies.

Miguel O' Hara, or Miles Morales would never be accepted by the GA. AT least not by blockbuster standards, anyway. PP is Spider-Man. Other than my idea, the only other way to have Spidey back on the big screen and have people go Ooo Ah again is for Sony to swallow their pride and team up with Marvel. Avengers with Spider-Man would be worth it for both studios, IMO. But that won't happen as long as the separate franchises are surviving on their own.

• Like 1

This only proves that SONY should've given Sam Raimi a chance at a 4th movie based on TASM 2 weekend number...

Eh...I highly doubt that the NA box office slide would have been stopped after SM3's fair to middling WOM. If anything, they would have spent more on it than TASM and made less. SM4 looked like a complete debacle on the level of Batman & Robin or Superman IV. At least Sony saved us from that hell.

• Like 2

Eh...I highly doubt that the NA box office slide would have been stopped after SM3's fair to middling WOM. If anything, they would have spent more on it than TASM and made less. SM4 looked like a complete debacle on the level of Batman & Robin or Superman IV. At least Sony saved us from that hell.

But after Batman & Robin you got Batman Begins. Maybe what Spider-Man needed was a B&R to completely wipe the slate clean instead slogging on with consistently middling films.

Disney would probably get a big boost from toy sales but I don't see why they would give the spotlight to a character they don't own.

Well technically they do own the character.

Miguel O' Hara, or Miles Morales would never be accepted by the GA. AT least not by blockbuster standards, anyway. PP is Spider-Man. 

You assume they would never accept it, but it looks like they are losing interest in Peter Parker as it is.  A big change like that might be a tough sell at first, but it could end up revitalizing the franchise in a big way.  

I think most disagree Raimi wanted to make the best SM film yet, and Sony wanted what reboot disaster 2 has become.

Its obvious because of the poor choice as a director and weaker actor that is  Garfield , that this is ruining the franchise.

TM and Raimi SM 4 would have been a billion dollar movie. Not even close to a comparison.

This SM failed to even make a 100M friday to sunday and could possibly make under 200-220M range LOL.

That rests soly on Andrew not being as Good as TM and Webb just not able to win audiences over as he doesnt have the creative genius of Raimi.. Webb does have an eye for individual moments though.

There are some really good attempts for greatness with Amazing flop.

• Like 1

Sony definitely needs to think things through. Not just creatively but also their financial approach to these movies. 

I  think they should beg forgiveness, and offer Raimi a Picasso painting a deal worth tens of millions and give  TM one hell of a paycheck...

That alone guarantees a full turn around.. It work with Disney winning back Robin Willams to do work as the Genie and other ventures with the company.

TM is only 30 something , Sony needs to act fast.

• Like 1

I  think they should beg forgiveness, and offer Raimi a Picasso painting a deal worth tens of millions and give  TM one hell of a paycheck...

That alone guarantees a full turn around.. It work with Disney winning back Robin Willams to do work as the Genie and other ventures with the company.

TM is only 30 something , Sony needs to act fast.

38  :rolleyes:

40 by the time the next one gets released.

• Like 2

This only proves that SONY should've given Sam Raimi a chance at a 4th movie based on TASM 2 weekend number...

Without a doubt SM4 and SM5 would be making transformers to avengers numbers if Raimi made a film on the level of part 2 or 1 again.. The reboot cast and director indeed just doesnt have the magic that original SM team has.

What do you think  BKB, I think Sony should get Raimi and TM back into the loop.. Money talks!

Or if they decide to use Andrew and cast again, really really get the writing right before they throw money at the film.

Perhaps a new director or heck get the guys who directed Capt 2 :)

38  :rolleyes:

40 by the time the next one gets released.

Still young enough to do SM.. A2.. The question is how much would it take for TM to come back  along with Rami.

Also would he come back to the draw dropping  world that made his career shoot to Alist levels?

I hope so.

Wonder how Spidey held today?

1st monday drops for marvel may openers:

high end

XOW 74.4%

IM3 73.8%

CA2 73.5%.

low end

IM2 69.9%

Thor 68%

TA 66.9%

edit: i guess you meant sunday  :P