CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Im betting it falls more than 63% this weekend.

I agree with this. Sorry, but this movie opened up to pretty much around what I thought it was going to do. The trailers just looked bad to me, like really bad. I don't see this having good legs at all, especially with competition this month coming up.

• Like 1

The fact that it went up 48% from the first one is still insulting, given how :sick:  it looked.

that is an optical illusion. You have to judge these two movies on their first 5 days. And this one will not come close to the last ones 5 day total. ASM opened on a Tuesday deflating the weekend gross.
  • Like 1

How did Wyatt-Cena play live? It was pretty bad watching it on the network. Super Cena was in full form apart from for the ending.

That match was awful. TNA booked the match.

Im betting it falls more than 63% this weekend.

Quite possible, definitely, but I think it can drop just under 60%. Im curious to see the first weekday numbers.

Edited by reddevil18

that is an optical illusion. You have to judge these two movies on their first 5 days. And this one will not come close to the last ones 5 day total. ASM opened on a Tuesday deflating the weekend gross.

You know, I didn't consider that. True true.

Edited by k1stpierre
  • Like 1

for some reason I think Sony thinks that when they report it went up by 45 percent compared to the last one they think that people don't know how the box office works. Little do they know that people like us are here to keep them in check lol.

• Like 6

for some reason I think Sony thinks that when they report it went up by 45 percent compared to the last one they think that people don't know how the box office works. Little do they know that people like us are here to keep them in check lol.

Well honestly, I think that statistic would in fact fool most. I don't think people look at the fine print or what that statistic actually entails.

• Like 1

I think I actually prefer BKB. He's at least amusing. You just come across as sad, really. You CAN enjoy whatever it is you like without attacking everything else, you know... I just don't see what you have to gain by being so vitriolic. If any other crossover movie fails, then so be it. I'll live - happily, withut a second thought. What will happen if a Marvel movie fails? Will you wither away into nothingness, or let hate consume you?

First of all I never insult other posters here, unlike a lot of people, never done it never will . What offends you and 1-2 others is my opinion on things ,why? It isn't my fault that only marvel studios cares about superhero movies while the other studios, warner included, use only for a quick buck and fail many times . It isn't my fault that marvel movies do better and better all the time while the others are still trying to create a hit with a character like superman and fail (not giving him a sequel suggests this) or produce shit like green lattern .The idea of crossover movies , without preparation first, is a bad one how is that my fault or the fact that franchises that could potentially be as big as the avengers (Spider-man, superman,Xmen ) are being ruined by the studios ? People just hate the truth and I serve it raw . The reply is insults, gifs e.t.c that I ignore and never personally attack a poster . Suggesting to throw Spider-man, Xmen and the ff4 kids on the same movie is a bad idea . Ignoring a sequel to MOS and making a movie that I bet not even its creators have decided what it is about is also a bad idea even if it brings money the first weekend .Many movies that I like from carpenters the thing to the Incredible Hulk have failed and I have survived just fine , while I hate some of the most successful movies like titanic or the twilight franchise . I only post opinions, don't like them , not my problem . If some people are offended that I write that the new Spider-man franchise is shit it's their problem , not mine .i never go to threads about movies that I like and attack the people that they don't , I just like an argument once in a while, and I am old enough to know how to argue without attacking the other poster or posting gifs to mock him . I was one of the first posters of the old Bo mojo forum and there, being younger, I used to be upset because Baumer likes Star Wars more than Spider-Man . These days have long gone by...... Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 4

actually it was six days opening (tue-sun)

• Like 1

Sony's just trying to make the situation better than it is.

This one is even screwier than the typical Wednesday opener. Not only did it open Tuesday, but BOM even credits it with $850,000 of previews on Monday. I'd say take the 6.5 day opening and average it with the Friday-Sunday number. They average $100m for a hypothetical weekend opening. New one is at $92m estimate, though might drop to $90-91m with actuals.

Movies open how they open. This is where it's been tracking, this is where the buzz was. Movies open during major sporting events all the time, yet you only see these types of things posted when the numbers aren't where the fans would like them to be

I wouldn't call myself a fan of this movie. I've just read a lot of negative posts about the weekend estimate, franchise fatigue etc., and was offering a theory. Yes, every May has its share of sports to compete with but there hasn't been 5 Game 7s in the NBA in 20 years. Ratings were exceptional for the first round of the playoffs, as there were many potential upsets which translated to more markets being more emotionally invested in their teams, rather than a cgi Spidey this weekend.

Had TASM1 opened on a Friday, given it opened to $35M on Tuesday, I assume most think it would've opened higher than TASM2. Would that be a correct assumption? I'm not saying by much, but I believe it would've opened closer to $40M on a Friday and held either the same or better over its OW.

• Like 1