a6487f6f6d8f2807e439e3d74293740d.jpg

Stephanie Scott.

austin-butler.jpg

Austin Butler.

kj-apa.jpg?mode=crop&width=635&height=39

KJ Apa.

11379693_676045135859540_1617036699_n.jp

Mitchell Hope.

While I was searching for something I had posted in this thread last year, I came across this post with pics of the then Ranger hopefuls. Not one but TWO of these PR rejects got cast on the new Archie show Riverdale (KJ Apa and Ross Butler as Archie and Reggie respectively). :ph34r:

If this forum can be considered a barometer of a future movie's popularity, then it appears Power Rangers is going to be a tough sell for Lionsgate, since I was expecting these news items to be posted here yesterday.   From Tokunation, Saban Brands sent out a picture of Red Ranger's sword weapon, although as noted in the article, it is not called the "Power Sword."  Also, Bandai has their New York Comic Con site up, with pictures of both the toy and packaging for the movie version of Red Ranger.  There will be 1,000 for sale at New York Comic Con this weekend.  It has a weapon that does not look like the sword, but rather more like Wasabi's weapon from Big Hero 6, or the Chrono Sabers from Power Rangers Time Force.

Edited by Outrageous!
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

If this forum can be considered a barometer of a future movie's popularity, then it appears Power Rangers is going to be a tough sell for Lionsgate, since I was expecting these news items to be posted here yesterday.   From Tokunation, Saban Brands sent out a picture of Red Ranger's sword weapon, although as noted in the article, it is not called the "Power Sword."  Also, Bandai has their New York Comic Con site up, with pictures of both the toy and packaging for the movie version of Red Ranger.  There will be 1,000 for sale at New York Comic Con this weekend.  It has a weapon that does not look like the sword, but rather more like Wasabi's weapon from Big Hero 6, or the Chrono Sabers from Power Rangers Time Force.

Yeah, I don't think this movie is the kind of movie that will have all that much buzz in here or in many other movies places. I guess we'll see what happens once the first trailer drops.

Thanks for the news.

Rangerboard has a discussion about the new writing credits, which have removed the X-Men: First Class screenwriters Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (in addition to the already known removal of Max Landis), and added in are Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney, neither I had heard being associated with writing this movie before now, which may mean that from beginning to end, from Max Landis to now, there have been 8 people working on the script at some point.

Edited by Outrageous!

2 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Rangerboard has a discussion about the new writing credits, which have removed the X-Men: First Class screenwriters, and added in are Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney, neither I had heard being associated with writing this movie before now, which may mean that from beginning to end, from Max Landis to now, there have been 8 people working on the script at some point.

Sounds like a mess.

On 10/4/2016 at 9:31 AM, Outrageous! said:

It looks like you can buy it at your link for either $40 or $60 (it says both.)

1-legacy-figure.png

2 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

Rangerboard has a discussion about the new writing credits, which have removed the X-Men: First Class screenwriters Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (in addition to the already known removal of Max Landis), and added in are Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney, neither I had heard being associated with writing this movie before now, which may mean that from beginning to end, from Max Landis to now, there have been 8 people working on the script at some point.

The number of writers who worked on this is much higher than 8, I can promise you that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

This movie is going to suck. I'm not getting any good vibes so far.

If it doesn't suck, it will at least disappoint at the box office.

You're getting it from a couple of pictures? Come on, at least wait until you get a trailer before writing its obituary.

31 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

You're getting it from a couple of pictures? Come on, at least wait until you get a trailer before writing its obituary.

Lionsgate is the one distributing it. It may not end up sucking in the end, but by now, my anticipation for this movie is in its death throes. It's believed that a trailer will be put out tomorrow. However, it could make or break what little hope I have for it.

My assumption may be premature, but their track record for marketing their films is amazingly bad.

Edited by NoobSaibot