lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Power Rangers is running a BOGO campaign today for tickets (calling it "BOGO Power Rangers"). It will boost ticket sales today on Fandango. It is being advertised on Twitter above the trending topics.

Well, while this can to explain the #3 in pulse so early, I don't see how this can't help its BO. Lionsgate isn't so sloopy it seems. I will wait to see how it does tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yup. I mentioned this earlier in the thread. I wonder if people thought I was kidding. 

Lol. I thought you was because I see no link in your post :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

Well, while this can to explain the #3 in pulse so early, I don't see how this can't help its BO. Lionsgate isn't so sloopy it seems. I will wait to see how it does tomorrow.

Lol. I thought you was because I see no link in your post :lol:

Sorry lol It was trending on twitter (as an ad). I probably should have posted a link. I most likely looked like a troll haha 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

Hollywood Reporter loved Power Rangers so much, it decided to call Power Rangers a ground breaking Superhero movie

Power Rangers' Breaks Ground With First Gay Big-Screen Superhero

The character is "questioning a lot about who she is," says director Dean Israelite. 
[Warning: This story contains minor spoilers for the Power Rangers movie]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...plained-987236

Sounds like a last minute attempt to get this movie some buzz

• Like 1

Since this is basically:

Chronicle 2.0 and not nostalgia for me I'll be waiting for DVD. 

I do hope that it's good and it's target fanbase enjoys it in ways I loved the first Transformers film. I'm rooting for it in that regard(also, I still want Voltron).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I was betting on at most 59%....we got a long road ahead until Friday, might reach it.

The positive reviews are honestly nice, knowing the franchise. I have to add that a couple of the negative reviews are odd in attempting to critique an absurd premise with such seriousness. Dismissing the film because of an antagonist's name is a bit much. And suggesting the new film has grand lessons to learn from the old series is also an odd supposition that makes you question Ehrlic's recollection of the series. 

38 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Taking this too seriously is not what critics are doing. The movie is just garbage. The trailers alone show that Elizabeth Banks in this film is essentially Faye Dunaway's Joan Crawford in green spandex.

So, you approached the same original Power Rangers with the same critical thought? I would be pressed to be believed that. Describing something as "kiddie trash" sounds so overly pompous and amateurish as a professional critic. I'm not particularly surprised by it and won't personally grieve over it 

Edited by RedX

my friends over at HSX, who I have also had heated debates over Power Rangers Box Office Potential with have some interesting

MMPR Polling/Sales Data Inside

MMPR OW interest ticked upward the last 3 weeks, keeping pace with the last TMNT - ultimately closing ahead by a healthy margin.  At the same time, the 'no interest' number saw its largest decrease in this final week - can only speculate why, though some possibilities are aggressive marketing or visibility of the trailer for those who had it in front of BTATB. Of those polled, less than 5% stated the reviews would weigh heavily in their decision to see (or not see) the film.  One possible way to look at this is that it reflects a hardcore fan base; the other is that potential ticketbuyers simply don't care about the reviews for this film.

As polling closed this past weekend, 22.4% of those who plan to see it OW noted that the trailer had no (or almost no) impact on their decision to see the film. I would have expected that to be much higher, suggesting that it may be attracting moviegoers who aren't all that familiar with Power Rangers - or certainly weren't big fans to begin with.  Trying not to read too much into that, but interesting nonetheless.

As for sales, we're pacing 50-60% better than the aforementioned TMNT and more than 150% better than Fox's Fantastic Four.  That does not mean to suggest we're looking at $50m+ because there are a lot of factors to consider.  Most glaring is that F4 came out in the summer of 2015 so the presale landscape has changed since then.  It's why Fandango's comps are helpful, IMO - outselling something from 2-3 years ago doesn't have as much weight as a more recent release.

For planning purposes this weekend, we are expecting a certain number which I will not provide here.  However, those expecting an outright bomb may want to take this and any other information available into consideration to make their own assessment as to whether or not MMPR may be undervalued. 

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=416242

Edited by Gokira2012