Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

YES! All abroad the Summer Game point train! Michael, Grim, fingers crossed for the rest!

I think Spidey and the Actuals will cause points loss unfortunately. Based on my luck, either Spidey will only increase 54% on Saturday or Neighbors will do 39.5M.But at least losing 25k points will mean playing the game with no winning in mind. Basically answer every single question from here on out since it won't matter :) Edited by grim22

I'm thinking about 37-39.9...must not open to 40.

Sadly probably still over TASM2.Unless TASM2 has a ridiculous jump today(180%+).
  • Like 2

Know this is a dumb question but Baumer where is the summer game thread?

I moved it to the main box office forum.  

Sadly probably still over TASM2.Unless TASM2 has a ridiculous jump today(180%+).

Spider-Man3 had a 190% jump on Friday and still dropped over 60%, so I don't think there is any hope for ASM2.  I will be shocked if ASM2 ends up over 37m this weekend.

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

Only $600k less than Hangover 3. Very nice.

Still a wide range, but I think that positions it well for $40m+. Floor is probably $33-35m, ceiling around $55m (mainly due to Ted).

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

This is intereting from Deadline.com.  They are talking about Spidey's weekend drop and saying that to determine the drop you have to deduct the Thursday previews? Is that how it's done now? I thought the calculation included the preview number. Interesting.

PREVIPosted ImageOUSLY, THURSDAY, 12:48 PM: It’s just too close to call on who will win the Mother’s Day box office weekend — The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in its sophomore frame or the R-rated frat prank comedy Neighbors starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron, which is expected to have a stellar performance this weekend as word is that it truly delivers. The question comes down to how significant a drop Spidey will have this weekend. Taking away Thursday’s $8.7M gross and concentrating on the three-day weekend, the number to work with is ASM2‘s $82.9M three-day gross.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/neighbors-amazing-spider-man-2-office-race/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

This is intereting from Deadline.com.  They are talking about Spidey's weekend drop and saying that to determine the drop you have to deduct the Thursday previews? Is that how it's done now? I thought the calculation included the preview number. Interesting.

PREVIPosted ImageOUSLY, THURSDAY, 12:48 PM: It’s just too close to call on who will win the Mother’s Day box office weekend — The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in its sophomore frame or the R-rated frat prank comedy Neighbors starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron, which is expected to have a stellar performance this weekend as word is that it truly delivers. The question comes down to how significant a drop Spidey will have this weekend. Taking away Thursday’s $8.7M gross and concentrating on the three-day weekend, the number to work with is ASM2‘s $82.9M three-day gross.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/neighbors-amazing-spider-man-2-office-race/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:rofl:  :rofl:

How much more spin are they going to use for this film?  This is the first film I've ever heard of since Matrix Reloaded in 2003, that didn't use the midnights/previews in their Friday total.

Even if they use that number, ASM2 will still probably fall more than Captain America 2.  

WTF, is Deadline employed by Sony now?

• Like 10

They are trying to get a Walmart type discussion and it isn't happening. Sony clearly included the 8.7M into Fridays gross and the weekend gross. I understand what they are saying though. To them, if it makes 35M this weekend, it should only be a 55% drop or so.
  • Like 3

What puns are we expecting if Neighbors wins the weekend,

"America loves thy Neighbors"

"Neighbors not friendly to Spiderman"

"The amazing Neighbors"