Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

They are trying to get a Walmart type discussion and it isn't happening. Sony clearly included the 8.7M into Fridays gross and the weekend gross. I understand what they are saying though. To them, if it makes 35M this weekend, it should only be a 55% drop or so.

Then Twilight only falls 55% in its second weekends too.  Same with every film.  Let's remove all the midnights and previews from all the record books.  

• Like 5

LOL why the hell would you remove the midnight numbers from TASM2 but not for every other movie All movies have previews now. Sony is really trying to spin things with this movie. 

• Like 3

:rofl:  :rofl:

How much more spin are they going to use for this film?  This is the first film I've ever heard of since Matrix Reloaded in 2003, that didn't use the midnights/previews in their Friday total.

Even if they use that number, ASM2 will still probably fall more than Captain America 2.  

WTF, is Deadline employed by Sony now?

Yeah I was confused when I read that. I know previews are sort of a new thing. But everybody uses them in their Friday number. I know MOS didn't use the Walmart # and I believe STID didn't use theirs (could be wrong) but everybody since then has.

Then Twilight only falls 55% in its second weekends too.  Same with every film.  Let's remove all the midnights and previews from all the record books.

I actually think that would make more sense. Call that day zero. I think that's what happened for Iron Man. It earned 3.5 million, which wasn't included in the first weekend gross.

Yeah I was confused when I read that. I know previews are sort of a new thing. But everybody uses them in their Friday number. I know MOS didn't use the Walmart # and I believe STID didn't use theirs (could be wrong) but everybody since then has.

And not all of the 8.7 number was previews, much of it was midnight as well.  So fuck you Sony and Deadline.  Go spin it somewhere else.

• Like 2

Neighbors should do 40m+. It's crazy how 40m is not what it used to be though. For example, go back 11 years and Daredevil now adjusts to a 53.2m opening and the ultimate extreme would be 14 years before that and Batman, which adjusts to 81.2m.

40m used to be kind of a big deal.

Posted Image

• Like 3

And not all of the 8.7 number was previews, much of it was midnight as well.  So fuck you Sony and Deadline.  Go spin it somewhere else.

Haha this has angered you. :lol:

If Neighbors makes over the weekend what This is the End made over 5 days (33m) it will be a good enough. They are set for long legs anyway, like most comedies.

Millers was 38m over 5 days - 150m total

Identity Theft was 34.5m ow - 134.5m total

21 Jump Street was 36.3m ow - 138.5m total

The Heat was 39m ow - 159.5m total

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Neighbors should do 40m+. It's crazy how 40m is not what it used to be though. For example, go back 11 years and Daredevil now adjusts to a 53.2m opening and the ultimate extreme would be 14 years before that and Batman, which adjusts to 81.2m.

40m used to be kind of a big deal.

Posted Image

Look at Pops.  :lol: I saw a pic of a guy with his Spidey mask on at the airport. Good to see people having fun.

I actually think that would make more sense. Call that day zero. I think that's what happened for Iron Man. It earned 3.5 million, which wasn't included in the first weekend gross.

It would make more sense. But I didn't see Deadline scrambling to mention CA2's $10m Thur when calculating the second week drop and that was just over a month ago.  Or maybe it's different in the more advantageous month of April. Sony is spinning so hard through Deadline they could actually make a web. :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

It would make more sense. But I didn't see Deadline scrambling to mention CA2's $10m Thur when calculating the second week drop and that was just over a month ago.  Or maybe it's different in the more advantageous month of April. Sony is spinning so hard through Deadline they could actually make a web. :lol:

Plus Sony already counted the Thursday previews in its Friday/Weekend numbers. They're trying to have it both ways.

Not sure what Deadline is trying to get it with that ludacris comment. Most blockbusters these days would drop 50% in their 2nd week if we did that.