Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

It's not as bad as when Spider-Man 3's midnights were magically made equal to ASM1.

I didn't know about this. Details please!

So Tele Jr. saw THE INCREDIBLES for the first time last night. Here's a rough transcript:

"Whoa..."

"Bobot?" (Tele Jr->English translation: "robot")

"Wow."

"Bobot!"

"WHOA!!!"

"BOBOT!!!"

"BOBOT!!! BOBOT!!! BOBOT!!! BOBOT!!! BOBOTBOBOTBOBOTBOBOT" (At this point, picture him racing around and around the room, presumably fighting a robot)

"AIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHH WHOA WHOA WHOA BOBOT BOBOT BOBOT!!!!!!!!" (commence Tele Jr. Smash and associated various WWE moves on Daddy)

The movie ends.

"........ Again, peez?"

Should have video taped some of that because that sounds ridiculously off the charts adorable.

• Like 4

SM3 did 10 million midnights in 07. ASM1 comes along and does 7.5 million and Sony magically changed SM3 number to 7.5 million too

Whaaaaat?? Really? I don't recall this but I admit to being so ambivalent on TASM I didn't track it's news closely.

How in the world did they create that piece of revisionism? Further more why would you want to? S3 had a $10m midnight, that's solid, why retroactively reduce it and by what measure are you doing it? Bizarre. 

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 45s CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in $0.509M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $239.38M. #CaptainAmerica2

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 1m THE OTHER WOMAN took in $1.11M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $52.48M. #TheOtherWoman

• Like 4

Whaaaaat?? Really? I don't recall this but I admit to being so ambivalent on TASM I didn't track it's news closely.

How in the world did they create that piece of revisionism? Further more why would you want to? S3 had a $10m midnight, that's solid, why retroactively reduce it and by what measure are you doing it? Bizarre. 

Sony heard all of the dislike of rebooting the franchise so fast. I feel like they did to to give the illusion that the reboot payed off and that the spider-man character was still in its prime. I thought it was pretty funny lol

• Like 2

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 45s CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in $0.509M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $239.38M. #CaptainAmerica2

Way to go Cap2! Almost $240m.....more than TASM2 will see domestically.  :ph34r:

So Tele Jr. saw THE INCREDIBLES for the first time last night. Here's a rough transcript:

"Whoa..."

"Bobot?" (Tele Jr->English translation: "robot")

"Wow."

"Bobot!"

"WHOA!!!"

"BOBOT!!!"

"BOBOT!!! BOBOT!!! BOBOT!!! BOBOT!!! BOBOTBOBOTBOBOTBOBOT" (At this point, picture him racing around and around the room, presumably fighting a robot)

"AIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHH WHOA WHOA WHOA BOBOT BOBOT BOBOT!!!!!!!!" (commence Tele Jr. Smash and associated various WWE moves on Daddy)

The movie ends.

"........ Again, peez?"

There is hope for him to be raised right.

• Like 1

Not sure what Deadline is trying to get it with that ludacris comment. Most blockbusters these days would drop 50% in their 2nd week if we did that.

Did they say about TASM2 move bitch get out the way?