Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

If anything it's too high - it's the regular Sun drop of 38.5% 

It definitely has the highest drop in the top 10 so potentially could increase by 100 maybe 200K, if women flock to it on Sunday. 

Oh ok thanks guys. I didn't see the actual drop. It just seems 27.7 is pretty amazing.

I really love how half the city is destroyed while everyone seems to be just living happily in the other half. I only noticed that now. Doesn't make any sense. 

Who cares, why are you giving us your commentary on Man of Steel in a thread about weekend numbers from May 2014? And you're supposed to be a mod?

• Like 1

Uh how does that make Neighbors a woman targeted comedy?  Doesn't that prove the opposite, that women will go to male targeted comedies in large %s while men won't go to female targeted comedies in the same way - re  the 75% women for TOW.  Or does Efrron taking off his shirt make it "woman targeted" :P

• Like 1

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This just shows me that women go to the movies.. a lot. The Other Woman is also doing very well.

A billion in gross isn't what it seems sometimes, that's a great argument for why studios would love to work with Rogen. Comedies gross less but consistently their margins are higher per investment $. Kind of what I'm getting at w/ the risk in rebooting Spidey the reward has to be significant.

• Like 2

Who cares, why are you giving us your commentary on Man of Steel in a thread about weekend numbers from May 2014? And you're supposed to be a mod?

Because that's what we do.  Before attacking one for his moderating abilities, try to be here from time to time and see what goes on in these threads.  Cjohn isn't doing anything that hasn't been done 1000X before in other threads.  I mean dude, you have 50 posts here and you're trying to tell someone who has 32,000 posts that he is being rude?  Wow.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 6

Funny thing is that Raimi's sm4 was scheduled for 2011. He felt he was being forced to rush it and so dropped out. But they didn't release the next one in 2011 any way. Why not give Raimi an extra year then and get sm4 in 2012. Maybe they wanted a director who could be under control.

I hated Spider-Man 3 and yet here I am, remembering the plans for SM4 (Malkovich as Vulture, Anne Hathaway as Black Cat, Raimi talking about how he would redeem himself for SM3, etc) and suddenly going "what could have been". A studio hasn't screwed up a comic book franchise this bad ever since WB greenlighted Batman & Robin.

• Like 3

So ASM2 cost more than Avengers to make and Avengers had to pay Downey 50 million to be in it.  Yet, ASM2 pays their two lead actors about 2 million combined and their budget is still out of control.  Where does the money go?

• Like 5

Really? People do these type of things all the time and while we are waiting for the numbers I really didn't saw the problem.

• Like 2

Really? People do these type of things all the time and while we are waiting for the numbers I really didn't saw the problem.

There is no problem.

LOL I think it's the movie that's the problem. 

I don't have a problem with it personally. Just a guess. :lol:

• Like 1

So ASM2 cost more than Avengers to make and Avengers had to pay Downey 50 million to be in it.  Yet, ASM2 pays their two lead actors about 2 million combined and their budget is still out of control.  Where does the money go?

Electro light show!

• Like 2

Because that's what we do. Before attacking one for his moderating abilities, try to be here from time to time and see what goes on in these threads. Cjohn isn't doing anything that hasn't been done 1000X before in other threads.

He's saying as a mod he's derailing the thread on an off topic, personal post because he's watching MOS. Imagine if every time someone watched a Marvel or Nolan movie, they commented on what they thought in the #s thread.This forum would be an exponentially bigger clusterf*** than it is already. CJohn knows better & his job is to set an example and so is yours. It's what you guys sign up for.

So ASM2 cost more than Avengers to make and Avengers had to pay Downey 50 million to be in it. Yet, ASM2 pays their two lead actors about 2 million combined and their budget is still out of control. Where does the money go?

Especially given the fact the special effects for Avengers were much more polished and impressive, many of TASM2's scenes seemed unfinished.
  • Like 1

The money pit that is blockbuster budgets is something I'll never understand. I guess SM films in NYC which costs a lot, and you couldn't accuse them of scrimping on the marketing, but yeah... I've no idea.

• Like 2

He's saying as a mod he's derailing the thread on an off topic, personal post because he's watching MOS. Imagine if every time someone watched a Marvel or Nolan movie, they commented on what they thought in the #s thread.

Yeah, imagine  :ph34r:

• Like 6