Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I remember marvel were gonna pay mickey rourke 250k for iron man 2 and he was all in the press talking about how marvel didn't think he was worth nothing so they ended up giving him more, i think.

It's totally the performance of a guy who didn't think he was getting what he was worth anyway.

Should have gotten him his bird.

• Like 5

I remember marvel were gonna pay mickey rourke 250k for iron man 2 and he was all in the press talking about how marvel didn't think he was worth nothing so they ended up giving him more, i think.

It's totally the performance of a guy who didn't think he was getting what he was worth anyway.

He'd kill for a 250k role these days. Maybe there's a role for him in Sinister Six

• Like 2

Rourke got half a mill for IM3.  Downey stated that he wouldn't do it for less and the studio really wanted him so RDJ basically went to bat for him and got it.

Nah, hail hardcore Christians.

I think it's more than that.  It's a really good film that has transcended religion and gotten non religious people like me to see it.

• Like 1

Rourke got half a mill for IM3.  Downey stated that he wouldn't do it for less and the studio really wanted him so RDJ basically went to bat for him and got it.

that's great considering he was not in it  :P

• Like 2

So ASM2 cost more than Avengers to make and Avengers had to pay Downey 50 million to be in it. Yet, ASM2 pays their two lead actors about 2 million combined and their budget is still out of control. Where does the money go?

Downey and all others got much much less upfront. Almost all of his 50M+ came from gross points. Which is also why everyone else is tied into 9 film contracts.
  • Like 1