vc2002

Name your guilty pleasure movies

its lolworthy because it just shows how useless IMDB ratings are. The GA quite clearly loved Armageddon and ID4, they didn't care much for PR. Every time I mention PR you seem to come out of your cave to reply with some pointless posts, we get it, you like Pacific Rim, cool.

Hands off Pacific Rim. It literally gave me multiple orgasms while watching it. 

Bad boys 2 is pure brainless entertainment, its awesome.

Bad Boys 2 bored me to tears.The original Bad Boys fits the bill though.

• Like 1

Hands off Pacific Rim. It literally gave me multiple orgasms while watching it. 

Bad Boys 2 bored me to tears.The original Bad Boys fits the bill though.

im not insulting Pacific Rim, just merely pointing out that imdb ratings are useless.

I loved Bad Boy 2 when I was 13, haven't seen it much sinse but it was a very quotable movie.

The GA quite clearly loved Armageddon and ID4, they didn't care much for PR.

And your evidence for that is what? Because PR wasn't a massive hit domestically? Oh yeah, sure, let's just ignore all the mainly positive reviews and instead focus entirely on box office which is dependant on literally thousands of variables other than critical reception.

I suppose you're planning on arguing that the GA didn't care much for The Shawshank Redemption, IMDB #1 rated film, simply because it barely managed to make its budget back at the box office.

im not insulting Pacific Rim, just merely pointing out that imdb ratings are useless.

I loved Bad Boy 2 when I was 13, haven't seen it much sinse but it was a very quotable movie.

IMDB ratings are not useless. You just have to keep in mind the userbase that tends to frequent that website to gain meaning from those results.

IMDB Ratings are better than most critic lists at coming close to measuring how ordinary people felt about a film. No way that the GA puts Citizen Kane at the top of their list. The Shawshank Redemption has a great chance at topping the GA's list, though. Still, IMDB has its drawbacks. I doubt that Nolan would be as loved by the GA (he would still be loved, but not to the same extent) as he is on that site.BTW, all three groups-critics, internet fanboys, and the GA, could put The Godfather at the top of their lists. Which is why I'm convinced it is the most loved film of All-Time. 

• Like 1

And your evidence for that is what? Because PR wasn't a massive hit domestically? Oh yeah, sure, let's just ignore all the mainly positive reviews and instead focus entirely on box office which is dependant on literally thousands of variables other than critical reception.

I suppose you're planning on arguing that the GA didn't care much for The Shawshank Redemption, IMDB #1 rated film, simply because it barely managed to make its budget back at the box office.

Well I was going to use the weak legs to my advantage but then I thought there is no point in arguing something we all know is true. ID4 and Armageddon were more loved than PR and if you disagree with that then you are an idiot. They were huge crowd pleasers back in their day, ID4 even ended up being the 2nd highest grossing movie off all time and you are going to sit there and say there is no proof that ID4 was more loved than Pacific Rim? lol

btw critics aren't the general public, you are aware of that right? Shawshank Redemption is a terrible example, its not like its had a massive budget and had a big blockbuster marketing campaign to try and sell the film. At the time not that many people would have even known about the film, Pacific Rim was advertised everywhere from what i saw but the GA really couldn't give a shit. If it had ID4 or Armageddon like reception then it would have been a very leggy film. People loved the characters in ID4 and Armageddon, Pacific Rim's main star was dull as anything.

Edited by Jessie

IMDB ratings are not useless. You just have to keep in mind the userbase that tends to frequent that website to gain meaning from those results.

Scott Pilgrim has a higher IMDB score than Pacific Rim, Armageddon, ID4, Ted and even We're the Millers. Case closed

Edited by Jessie

IMDB Ratings are better than most critic lists at coming close to measuring how ordinary people felt about a film. No way that the GA puts Citizen Kane at the top of their list. The Shawshank Redemption has a great chance at topping the GA's list, though. Still, IMDB has its drawbacks. I doubt that Nolan would be as loved by the GA (he would still be loved, but not to the same extent) as he is on that site. 

agree with this

Oh, and Pink mentioned Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, which sucks. But the first one is the definition of guilty pleasure (at least for me).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also has one of the best lines ever put to film: