A Marvel Fanboy

The Paramount Pictures Thread | Skydance will not buy out the studio

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I think the Avatarverse. Thanks to Netflix, ATLA and Korra were discovered by Gen Z and the younger Millennials who missed them when they originally aired. Which really helped even the (slightly better than) mid live action remake show break out. The theatrical animated films could be the next Spider-Verse, especially in terms of critical reception.

Shyamalan and co. really screwed the pooch in 2010. Had all the potential to be Paramount's Potter.

You're kidding, right? Tell me you're joking!

For one thing, Spider-Verse is its own thing, and the first animated film from the Avatarverse is a continuation of the series, and I guarantee it won't be aimed at Gen Z or Millennials any more than the original series was aimed at Gen X. Also, it'll have to be damn good to expect people to pay $20 to watch a franchise they got to see for free as a kid.

12 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

For one thing, Spider-Verse is its own thing, and the first animated film from the Avatarverse is a continuation of the series, and I guarantee it won't be aimed at Gen Z or Millennials any more than the original series was aimed at Gen X. Also, it'll have to be damn good to expect people to pay $20 to watch a franchise they got to see for free as a kid.

Yeah coz it was not for Gen X? It was a mid to late 00's series, not a 90's show. Also, blah blah $20 to watch a franchise for free shit, even Spider-Man has/had multiple TV cartoons including some featuring Miles Morales, and the arguments were the same but different font regarding who wants to watch cartoons when there are live action films. Be for real. If the films are superb, there is a big fandom waiting. Heck, the Shymalan film made pretty close to ST'09 WW in 2010 despite being 💩

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

Potential. Right now, I guarantee you people looking at investing in Paramount see Trek as it biggest franchise.

I'm not sure though? The new Netflix show is definitely much bigger than any recent Trek venture according to the Nielsen charts. As mentioned, even the crappy Shyamalan film made in the same ballpark as ST'09 (and Beyond) in 2010. They will soon be firing on all cylinders once all the new animated theatrical movies and shows drop. Let's see though. Quality control is crucial as that's what did the 2010 entry in but it still seems to have more potential than Trek with its younger fanbase.

She can "go it alone" for now but all that will do will increase the likelihood that Paramount will end up getting sold for parts later.

Most buyers aren't interested in dozens of unprofitable cable channels.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Doubt this is a priority for him. He's lucky WB had so many good projects lined up since Wonka because it will just make it easier to pimp out the whole studio within a couple of years if not sooner.

3 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

I doubt people will want to buy all of WB and absorb its even more massive debt load either.

He'll strip it for parts if required but there's nothing Zaslav has done so far (not counting the successful projects that were already greenlit before he took over) that point towards sustainability. He's just gonna leech off as much money as possible in the present and sell it in the (very near) future.

On 5/3/2024 at 3:30 PM, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I like The Last Airbdnder fine, but saying it has a bigger fanbase, or even as big a fanbase ,as Star Trek is, well just a fan fantasy.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:47 AM, MightyDargon said:

What I'm saying is no one will pay for "WB" as a whole. Loads of unprofitable cable channels and other crap still.

Frankly no one has the money to buy WB.  Even Disney does not want to take on that much additoinal debt.