A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I dig it. For one, the kids look like actual kids. Two; the effects look pretty solid. I was a fan of the books when I was a teen and was disappointed the movie series never really got off the ground so I am looking forward to this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I find it strange that Disney's share price fell because they announced they're going to spend $60bn over 10 years on the parks. Given how much money the parks for Disney, it's a sensible strategy

There's probably an overkill sentiment. Like there's only so much money you can throw at something and still attract the extra revenue to justify it.

Personally I'd appreciate if they gave Wall-E some attention. The only presence they have in WDW is a small playspace behind a gift shop at Epcot.

27 minutes ago, AniNate said:

There's probably an overkill sentiment. Like there's only so much money you can throw at something and still attract the extra revenue to justify it.

Personally I'd appreciate if they gave Wall-E some attention. The only presence they have in WDW is a small playspace behind a gift shop at Epcot.

$60bn sounds like a lot but it's essentially means all six parks will be getting more investment per year and also include the cruise ships as well which has seen growth as well. 

On 9/19/2023 at 11:20 AM, Jonwo said:

I find it strange that Disney's share price fell because they announced they're going to spend $60bn over 10 years on the parks. Given how much money the parks for Disney, it's a sensible strategy

In the last 70;s and early 80's, the parks were the only thing keeping Disney afloat; They wents fo years without having a sucessful film.

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

...Wait when was this announced, or is it the Okoye series announced (2019?)

Also, when was a Shang Chi show announced?

It appears this animated Wakanda show is the one that was initially announced a while back. It's unclear if the Okoye thing is separate or not.

The Shang-Chi one is just speculation of an unidentified animated project.

• Thanks 1

According to the US Copyright office, Agatha is coming next September, Daredevil January 2025 (makes sense, it's 18 episodes and stopped short by the strike), Ironheart September 2025 (which is odd since it finished filming, but it's probably for her VFX). They were not kidding about spacing out the shows more.

That leaves 2024 with Echo, X-Men, and Agatha with dates, What If unclear (it has a Christmas episode so it's probably December but it may stretch into 2024), and Spider-Man Freshman Year and Marvel Zombies are unclear but last reported for 2024.

• Like 1