A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Why wouldn't it last? That's one of its biggest draws.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

.....why on earth would they change the name? Especially several years in?

I think it’s limiting to its appeal. If they are merging the services they either should reduce the content/spend on the other service or ensure the brand pulls in that wide base of viewers.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

.....why on earth would they change the name? Especially several years in?

It has survived for a 100 years; and it has survived much worse  times then this; It is not anywhere near in bad as shape today it was in the mid 70's and early 80's.

Now Disney might well go back to the policy it had in the 90's of having a number of  labels it used to release more adult material while keeping the DIsney label "Family Freindly" but I doubt they are going to drop the Disney label for Star wars, Marvel, etc. I suspecty imight use the Fox Label or revive one of the older labesl for R rated material...and it is clear Disney wants to get back into the R rated film business.

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There’s probably a better chance of quite literally ANY entertainment brand in existence changing their brand name before Disney lol 

THIS. Now they probably will use different labels like they did in the 80's and 90's for the more adult/R rated films, but that will be to preserve the Disney "Family Freindly" brand.

Hell in the 90's Disney had the "Dimension" studio brand for R rated "Genre " films like Horror, etc.

Edited by dudalb

19 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I think it’s limiting to its appeal. If they are merging the services they either should reduce the content/spend on the other service or ensure the brand pulls in that wide base of viewers.

...Disney+ has 150 million subscribers. I don't think the name is hurting it.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, SpiderByte said:

Ohhh, this is an excellent deal. For those unaware, Greys current streaming deal is that it couldn't stream elsewhere till a period of years after the show ends. Licensing some Disney stuff to Netflix in exchange for Greys is an excellent trade.

White Collar about to blow up Suits style just in time for the Bomersance. You love to see it!

BTW you can now actually watch the Magic Mike trilogy on D+ with a Hulu subscription thanks to the merger (they've created separate 20th Century/WB/Sony, etc. labels for stuff that's licensed by third parties). Incredible and iconic lmao.

Edited by filmlover

As if anyone would be surprised, but... from Driver's mouth, himself...

Adam Driver Says Kylo Ren’s Original ‘Star Wars’ Arc Got Overhauled: He Was Supposed to Be the ‘Most Committed to the Dark Side’ by the End

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/adam-driver-star-wars-changed-kylo-ren-arc-redemption-1235836477/

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Adam Driver Says Kylo Ren’s Original ‘Star Wars’ Arc Got Overhauled: He Was Supposed to Be the ‘Most Committed to the Dark Side’ by the End

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/adam-driver-star-wars-changed-kylo-ren-arc-redemption-1235836477/

things change during production. like Poe not dieing,  this is hardly some juicy bts story 

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

It's a shame we didn't get the original plan. The version we got was kinda weak tbh.

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Early reactions to Percy Jackson sound excellent. Sounds like Disney+ has its big YA hit they were going for

I'm glad, even if it's the one property I read as a child I never revisited. Love how Riordian defends his cast. I'll  try the first episode  at least,  I didn't think I'd like One Piece, but I did. I know, vastly different.

Now if only they could get Artemis Fowl right...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, poweranimals said:

It's a shame we didn't get the original plan. The version we got was kinda weak tbh.

TLJ was not a bad movie, it just took the franchise into a direction a lot of the fanbase dont like.

TROS of skywalker was just a confused movie trying to Retcon TLJ lol 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

2 hours ago, Torontofan said:

TLJ was not a bad movie, it just took the franchise into a direction a lot of the fanbase dont like.

TROS of skywalker was just a confused movie trying to Retcon TLJ lol 

TLJ would have seen a dramatically better reception with just a handful of tiny edits. Lose the absurd clip of Luke about to kill young Kylo, use whatever means necessary to have Leia be the one who sacrifices herself to save the fleet, and make it clear that Luke is alive at the end of the film.

After it proved so divisive, how on Earth Disney didn't realize that they couldn't end with the next film is beyond me. They needed a course correction film before the ending. 

• Like 2