A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think now is as good a time as any to also mention that real life Ron's Gone Wrong had his wedding at Disney World in 2009. There's apparently a whole chapter in that stupid book of his where he claims that he didn't have a clue until his wife mentioned the idea to get married at Disney World that you could, even though it's been a popular destination for couples from all over since forever (you better have very deep pockets if you want to get married on Disney property). No one should be shocked that he didn't do his legal homework about them 14 years later knowing that lmao.

Lmao

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

Maybe.  I try not to be too cynical on this board, but in this case I dunno.  Might all depend on Gorsuch as he isn't the culture warrior that Alito has evolved into.  Don't have enough of a read on Barnett to say one way or the other. 

I guess, my real stance is: We'll see.

It's just... I don't have much confidence when it comes to hot button MAGA cultural issues before this current court. 

Being in Florida, I'm hearing on the radio support for Disney from the music stations when talking about this.

Also this won't hit Supreme Court for a bit and landscapes change. This kills DeSantis presidential hopes now which is what Disney really wants.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RandomCat said:

Being in Florida, I'm hearing on the radio support for Disney from the music stations when talking about this.

Also this won't hit Supreme Court for a bit and landscapes change. This kills DeSantis presidential hopes now which is what Disney really wants.

What is amusing  is that De Santis just won't quit on this, despite the fact it is doing huge damage to his campaign and now apparently some of his big donors are bailing out. He keeps banging his head against the door. It has become a persnal obssession,and if are shooting for the White House you can't afford that. he shuld cut his losses and stop, but he won't.

Of course some other thing Ronnie did..like his flip flop on Ukraine..did not help him much.

Just read that some legal experts are saying the Mouse could make a strong case that what De Santis was doing was a de facto Bill of Attainder..something the Constituion specifcally, by name, forbids.

A Bill of Attainder was something the King or Parliament could do; it amounted to declaring that you were guilty of a crime and liable to punishment without having to bring you to trial. 

Not smart, Ron, not smart at all.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jonwo said:

What's the Board going to do, close WDW? Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face.

This whole fiasco is a exercise in cutting you nose to spite your face. It has already probably cost De Santis his White Hour Prospects.

I had the curiosity to see the average DOM gross of each MCU phase.

Phase 1: 291M average

IM 318

TIH 135

IM2 312

T 177

CA 181

TA 623

Phase 2: 307M average

IM3 409

T2 203

GOTG 333

CA2 260

AOU 459

AM 180

Phase 3: 449M average

CW 408

DS 230

GOTG2 390

SMH 334

TR 311

BP 700

AIW 679

AMW 216

CM 427

AEG 858

FFH 390

Phase 4: 369M average

BW 183 (*Covid)

SC 225 (*Covid)

Et 165 (*Covid)

NWH 805

DS2 411

L&T 343

BPWF 454

While there is a drop between phase 3 and 4, we need to take into account pandemic effect and streaming. IMHO, these numbers reflect the strength of the brand, despite irregular quality and content saturation due to Disney+ series.

It looks like Spidey 4 will land an August 28th 2025 release date. Kang likely to be pushed to 2026. Announcement is coming prior to SDCC.

We will have a Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and SW movie coming out 2025.

3 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

It looks like Spidey 4 will land an August 28th 2025 release date. Kang likely to be pushed to 2026. Announcement is coming prior to SDCC.

Spidey will be around July 4th...no way will Sony settle for a dregs of summer release date...

13 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

you sure that star wars movie is coming specially with this writers strike nd directors guild going in for negotiations soon too also aiming at streaming 

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Spidey will be around July 4th...no way will Sony settle for a dregs of summer release date...

December 2025 would better, no Avatar film that year and it worked for the last Spider-Man film.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

December 2025 would better, no Avatar film that year and it worked for the last Spider-Man film.

As for now they are pushing for Ep. X December 25.

Obviously the landscape may change due to the writer’s strike but the scoop comes from a couple of very reliable sources… 

Edited by Mr Roark

2 hours ago, froztking said:

you sure that star wars movie is coming specially with this writers strike nd directors guild going in for negotiations soon too also aiming at streaming 

Unless it goes on for a really lng time, the strike should not impact the Star Wars movie. It' TV that is going to get clobbered by the strike.