A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean the projects that have come out were all made under Chapek, not Iger.

Yes, but I'm more referring to how Iger has basically made himself public enemy number 1 after being heralded as the guy who would "save Disney" when he came back.

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Chapek did nothing wrong.

He utterly failed at being a communicator to the masses, so I'd say there alone he did plenty wrong.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Anyway, once again call me cynical but once these strikes are over and if/when Disney has a few hits under its belt and/or Marvel/SW gets on a strong winning streak and/or WDAS/Pixar is belting out hits again, "everyone" will go back to loving Iger and view this period as a regrettable misstep.

(yes, using the hyperbolic definition of "everyone" here)

Or, to put it another way:

People react strongly to current events,

News at eleven!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Anyway, once again call me cynical but once these strikes are over and if/when Disney has a few hits under its belt and/or Marvel/SW gets on a strong winning streak and/or WDAS/Pixar is belting out hits again, "everyone" will go back to loving Iger and view this period as a regrettable misstep.

News at eleven!

There will be no big comeback until Avatar 3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

There will be no big comeback until Avatar 3.

They themselves are to blame for this mess. By dropping Pixar movies directly on D+, they damaged the Pixar brand. By not focusing on Avengers 5 and its lead characters and instead focusing on movies like Etenals, Thor 4, GOTG 3, and Blade, which don't fit into the multiverse saga, they damaged the Marvel brand. And by not delivering the Star Wars movie, they missed the opportunity for another billion-dollar movie.

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

News at eleven!

Yep, once the hits start churning out, Iger basically gets a mulligan from the general public and gets to keep being "one of the good ones."

• Like 1

My opinion on Iger hasn't changed all that much, he's far less of a dunce than Chapek and tbh is relatively honest and transparent when it comes to business matters. I still don't know if there's anyone better than him who can actually run the company at the moment, it's just when he's a CEO that says evil CEO things, it naturally draws angry reactions.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Iger was the one who insisted on going all-in on Disney+ in the first place. 

TBF it made sense at the time as Netflix was dominating the market, the biggest mistake was pricing it so low. I think WBD pricing what is now Max at $14.99 is a genius move in hindsight. 

16 minutes ago, AniNate said:

My opinion on Iger hasn't changed all that much, he's far less of a dunce than Chapek and tbh is relatively honest and transparent when it comes to business matters. I still don't know if there's anyone better than him who can actually run the company at the moment, it's just when he's a CEO that says evil CEO things, it naturally draws angry reactions.

The internet always get mad at CEOs, this idea that if we get rid of rich people, the world will be a better place is both unrealistic and frankly stupid. There's been rich people since the days of the Romans. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

TBF it made sense at the time as Netflix was dominating the market, the biggest mistake was pricing it so low. I think WBD pricing what is now Max at $14.99 is a genius move in hindsight. 

Iger probably should’ve realized that flooding the market with so many Marvel and Star Wars streaming shows was going to potentially bite them in the ass. He favored quantity over quality. 

47 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The internet always get mad at CEOs, this idea that if we get rid of rich people, the world will be a better place is both unrealistic and frankly stupid. There's been rich people since the days of the Romans. 

And look at what they've done to the planet? It's far worse off with them in it.