A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

ABC keeps showing ads for the Jonathan Majors interview during NFL. Twitter seems to think this means he'll get rehired for the MCU? I don't get why he'd go with a Disney-owned program or why they'd want to platform him at this time?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

jze1fbmva3bc1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&

So Australia is getting these theater releases of the Pixar movies Soul, Turning Red, and Luca. So is Japan. Even Latin America, apparently, though they haven't set a date yet.

Not Canada though. No evidence they will be in Canadian theaters.

• Heart 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:52 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

ABC keeps showing ads for the Jonathan Majors interview during NFL. Twitter seems to think this means he'll get rehired for the MCU? I don't get why he'd go with a Disney-owned program or why they'd want to platform him at this time?

Money. He’s a hot topic, and Disney wants to capitalize as much as they can without explicitly hiring him. It’s grotesque, but that’s the entertainment industry. Theres like a 1% chance at best he gets rehired by Marvel. People will compare him James Gunn but they are apples and oranges. Not even that. Gunn was never accused of anything other than the tweets, took responsibility and almost the whole industry rallied around him. Majors has been convicted, still denies everything and no one who’s worked with him has defended him other than a AD on Twitter several months back.

I saw a clip that ABC posted on their site and he’s doing exactly what I and others expected. That interview is gonna get memed to hell tomorrow (it already is but you get what I’m saying). I have no empathy for him though. He wouldn’t testify when he would have to be under oath but now he’s willing to do so when he’s not. Very convenient. 

• Like 3

On 1/7/2024 at 10:43 PM, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Money. He’s a hot topic, and Disney wants to capitalize as much as they can without explicitly hiring him. It’s grotesque, but that’s the entertainment industry. Theres like a 1% chance at best he gets rehired by Marvel. People will compare him James Gunn but they are apples and oranges. Not even that. Gunn was never accused of anything other than the tweets, took responsibility and almost the whole industry rallied around him. Majors has been convicted, still denies everything and no one who’s worked with him has defended him other than a AD on Twitter several months back.

I saw a clip that ABC posted on their site and he’s doing exactly what I and others expected. That interview is gonna get memed to hell tomorrow (it already is but you get what I’m saying). I have no empathy for him though. He wouldn’t testify when he would have to be under oath but now he’s willing to do so when he’s not. Very convenient. 

This. The heat that a studio would get from hiring a convictrd Sex Offender would be just too great.

And yeah, the interviews is just a ratings grab by ABC.

And Majors is not smart keeping the same attorney, given the crappy job so far. He striked me as a "Hollywood" attorney,making lots of appreances in media  but not very good where it ocunts..in the courtroom. 

50 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

So, I don't know exactly how excited I am about a Mandalorian theatrical film, seeing as I watch the show out of convenience more than enjoyment as the seasons progress, but if Timothy Olyphant was number 2 on the call sheet...?

Given that a Mandalorian theatrical film is "jumping" in from of Ahsoka season 2, this feels to me like it's likely going to actually be something closer to a stand alone event. Remember just how much money they've recently lost from The Marvels' attempt to synergize film/tv.