A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

I think CEO pay should be directly linked to how a company does as a whol; his pay should come from a share in the profits. Compnay does well, the CEO does well, the compnay does not do so well, the CEO does not do well.

Edited by dudalb

I was discussing Turning Red on the AMC A List discord...

Someone called TR the least liked of the three movies...

I mean sure on imdb and rottentomatoes audience thats how it appears.

but objectively people watch TR a lot more than Luca and Soul on streaming

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think CEO pay should be directly linked to how a company does as a whol; his pay should come from a share in the profits. Compnay does well, the CEO does well, the compnay does not do so well, the CEO does not do well.

Most CEO pay comes in the form of stock grants, which reward raising the share price in the past, or options, which reward raising the stock price in the future.  Changing that to pay based directly on profits would have negative effects on their running of the company.  People already complain about CEOs being too short-term focused (despite a large chunk of their compensation being based on stock options) and tying their pay to current profitability would make that worse.  Long term investments by a company reduce current profitability so, under your proposal, would directly reduce CEO pay which would greatly disincentivize investment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IdahoJacket said:

Most CEO pay comes in the form of stock grants, which reward raising the share price in the past, or options, which reward raising the stock price in the future.  Changing that to pay based directly on profits would have negative effects on their running of the company.  People already complain about CEOs being too short-term focused (despite a large chunk of their compensation being based on stock options) and tying their pay to current profitability would make that worse.  Long term investments by a company reduce current profitability so, under your proposal, would directly reduce CEO pay which would greatly disincentivize investment.

yeah CEO compensation is more complex than just taking a share in the profits. I mean sure it's completely outrageous about much Iger made but it's not like he wrote $30 million on a literal blank check.

5 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

No offense, but we have a Disney+ thread where this kind of content is more appropriate. This also applies to the “Star Wars What If” discussion that was here earlier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric George said:

No offense, but we have a Disney+ thread where this kind of content is more appropriate. This also applies to the “Star Wars What If” discussion that was here earlier.

Oh okay, I didn't know/forgot about the thread. Sorry and thanks 

19 hours ago, IdahoJacket said:

Maybe, but I still think Some CEO'S are vastly overpaid. For CEO's of companies that are not doing very well to get the kind of money they are getting is just plain silly. Maybe straight share of profits is not the way to gok but I want to see CEO compensation tied, in some way, to how well the company does.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, Eric George said:

It's a Disney Channel show though not Disney Plus.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

Has anyone looked at the website Trian and Peltz made for their Disney Stock activism?

I saw it in the past year, think the last time I checked it out was 2022. Wonder what they're doing now with new developments.

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I saw it in the past year, think the last time I checked it out was 2022. Wonder what they're doing now with new developments.

Wait I thought the website was a new development... it's made the financial news rounds.

12 hours ago, cannastop said:

Wait I thought the website was a new development... it's made the financial news rounds.

I might be confusing it with the one about Peltz's firm wanting to be involved and not with Trian, but I definitely remember one from 2022.