CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

56 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I'm thinking this movie will be a nice-sized hit now, Godzilla numbers aren't far off from where I think this could go which is a bit of bad news for Logan I suppose, sadly.

March 2017 is bad news for so many movies.

Logan, Kong, BatB, Power Rangers, King Arthur and Gits will eat into each others BO . I can only see BatB remaining unscathed. As for the rest, they better be knockouts or BO won't be very kind to 'em.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I'm thinking this movie will be a nice-sized hit now, Godzilla numbers aren't far off from where I think this could go which is a bit of bad news for Logan I suppose, sadly.

Logan looks good and has devoted fanbase. It was never going to expand beyond that fandom, Kong or no Kong. It's good for making at least what other 2 Wolverine movies made if not a bit more due to Last Wolverine with Jackman marketing. It'll be fine.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Logan looks good and has devoted fanbase. It was never going to expand beyond that fandom, Kong or no Kong. It's good for making at least what other 2 Wolverine movies made if not a bit more due to Last Wolverine with Jackman marketing. It'll be fine.

I agree it will be fine, but I really want it to break out cause I feel like Jackman deserves it after so lnog with the character.

• Like 1

Arlborn, it just has to open bigger than the other Wolverine movies which is doable. X Men movies have never known for legs, even when they received raves like DOFP. So OW is really where breakout is decided. In fact, more intimate nature of the movie may just earn it longevity amid mayhem type of competition. Movies that connect emotionally tend to play longer than wiz bang ones. We'll see. I may be wrong but I don't see Kong spelling doom for Logan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

So, I've never much cared for this film, teaser was fine but still meh on it, you know? Then I've watched this trailer and I really enjoyed it, so I come here expecting to find everyone excited about it and I find people whining about humor of all things. I think "what the fuck" and proceed to watch the trailer again and yup, I still really enjoy it.

You guys are nuts. Is humor the new cool thing to hate on? Cause I'm starting to see a trend.

Only when WB is doing it. 

Yeah, I poked fun at BvS for being "dark and gritty," but it's gotten to the point where every time humor appears in one of their trailers, people see it as WB wanting to "be like Marvel." Never mind that this is more of a Legendary Pictures movie than a Warner Bros. movie. The latter may be distributing it, but it's mainly Legendary personnel who brought it together. Otherwise, King Kong would still be collecting dust at Universal.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Great trailer!!

I'm now really looking forward to seeing this. 

I thought the humor was, well, pretty funny. Humor is relatable. It makes characters relatable. This guy has clearly been on this island for sometime. He's probably gone a little crazy lol

We all go a little mad sometimes.

• Like 1