CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

1 hour ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers budget $105,000,000

Kong budget $190,000,000

Thing is PR will likely do less than Kong OS, due to Kong, BATB and Logan.

Watched "Kong: Skull Island" last week with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.  It was certainly better than "Godzilla".  This film has more action, more fight sequences and some good laughs. John C. Reilly was the stand out.

As someone who has lurked this forum for several months, I figured it was time to make an account so that I can interact with you all as I thoroughly enjoy reading your analysis.

I totally agree with those of you who think this film will struggle at the box office.  Bad release date and not enough interest.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, ShakenNotStirred said:

Watched "Kong: Skull Island" last week with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.  It was certainly better than "Godzilla".  This film has more action, more fight sequences and some good laughs. John C. Reilly was the stand out.

As someone who has lurked this forum for several months, I figured it was time to make an account so that I can interact with you all as I thoroughly enjoy reading your analysis.

I totally agree with those of you who think this film will struggle at the box office.  Bad release date and not enough interest.

You are right. Kong is going against Logan, Beauty & the Beast (another beast in the title), Guardians, Pirates, Despicable Me 3, and a bunch of smaller but smarter apes in War of POTA.

Opening it in March is probably the best strategy. They could have April but I think every studio is afraid to open against Fast 8 and Guardians opens early overseas in late April.

Tough to be a king....

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the crowds (After all, who says All I See Is You and Untitled Detroit Riots Crime Thriller won't cannabalize each other), August 4th could have worked as a companion to Emoji Movie.

Anyway.

/keeps refreshing until DBOX tickets go on sale here.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:41 AM, davincicode1 said:

Absolutely nothing remarkable about her appearance (unless you've never met/witnessed a white woman in your life) she has that basic plain jane soccer-mom features and she looks like she's in her mid 30's.

This girl should be getting ALL THE SHINE (mind you, she's in the same movie but is getting ZERO press, which is a shame because she's FAR superior to Basic Larsen).

3_ejye.jpg?width=500459000010.jpg

how big is her role in the film 

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Outside of Brie, Tom, and SLJ, I've hardly seen anyone else do interviews for the film.

Which is a pain in the ass when you're not watching the movie for any of them.

Exactly! Why are there no Skull Crawler interviews? No water buffalo on the press tour? The giant spider wasn't even at the premiere! 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Lavochkin said:

Exactly! Why are there no Skull Crawler interviews? No water buffalo on the press tour? The giant spider wasn't even at the premiere! 

I'm truly here for like two people in the supporting cast over everyone else after the monsters....but I REALLY hope the Hollywood premiere has a giant animatronic spider now lmao

Just have it step over the crowd and freak people out. I'd love it.

6 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

You act like Brie Larsen is a househouse name

You act like she isn't an Oscar winner and obviously the next big thing out there considering what's coming from her in the near future.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1