CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

I do feel it definitely needed like 10 more minutes of character build up. Having Tom Hiddlestons character part of SLJs group would have tightened things up more nicely and given more screentime around that group. Probably my real only gripe. Everything with Kong was great I thought. He's more a giant monster in this then previous incarnations... Probably because he's in the same universe as Godzilla now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Kong was shown a lot more. That does not one movie better than the other though. You really just need to watch for yourself man and stop using other opinions as fact.

No word from TK btw.

Thanks man, I decided I really don't want to return there anyway. It's really impossible to air complaints over there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

I do feel it definitely needed like 10 more minutes of character build up. Having Tom Hiddlestons character part of SLJs group would have tightened things up more nicely and given more screentime around that group. Probably my real only gripe. Everything with Kong was great I thought. He's more a giant monster in this then previous incarnations... Probably because he's in the same universe as Godzilla now.

plus they said he's still growing so since it will be about 40 years when he finally meets Godzilla, they should be about the same size by then

1 minute ago, 75live said:

plus they said he's still growing so since it will be about 40 years when he finally meets Godzilla, they should be about the same size by then

Godzilla is 350ft tall. Kong would be perfect at 225-275. I don't want them staring eye to eye. Kong should still be smaller, but using his surroundings as a weapon against Godzilla.... Till the obvious team up. 

Hoping they'll either team up against Ghidorah or a larger Skull Crawler and MUTO that survived Ford's explosion.

8 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Godzilla is 350ft tall. Kong would be perfect at 225-275. I don't want them staring eye to eye. Kong should still be smaller, but using his surroundings as a weapon against Godzilla.... Till the obvious team up. 

Hoping they'll either team up against Ghidorah or a larger Skull Crawler and MUTO that survived Ford's explosion.

oh i don't have a problem with Kong being smaller, just saying I picked up on that line in the movie and figured it was there for that reason

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

Agreed. It also helps that Kong is a more brutal fighter than Godzilla was. This isn't to say that the latter can't fight effectively, but we've seen him

tear body parts off or insides out of his opponents.

So to suggest that Kong needs to be Godzilla's exact size isn't necessarily the case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I keep hearing these movies are about monsters.

These "monsters" seem to be our buddies last time I checked, Godzilla (2014) & Kong : Skull Island (2017).

Ahhh, but the other monsters won't be our friends. So mankind needs some big guns on our side.

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I keep hearing these movies are about monsters.

These "monsters" seem to be our buddies last time I checked, Godzilla (2014) & Kong : Skull Island (2017).

Calling Godzilla a "buddy" is pushing it. He inadvertently drowned a lot of people in a tsunami.

Humans are insects to him. He's fighting for territorial reasons, god/guardian metaphor be damned.

11 hours ago, 75live said:

I just got home from seeing this and it was pretty good.  Something did seem missing, but still a fun time.  I liked Godzilla more, but this was still good enough as well.

I loved the credits scene and especially the post credits scene :) 

I'm a lil upset wanted to see this on the new improved mega IMAX with the laser and they kicked it out after a week!!!?. Man I'm calling them on this one. Wow, looks like I'm forced to see this in only 3d ??? ?

11 hours ago, 75live said:

I just got home from seeing this and it was pretty good.  Something did seem missing, but still a fun time.  I liked Godzilla more, but this was still good enough as well.

I loved the credits scene and especially the post credits scene :) 

Hey 75 man did you see it on the new IMAX and is it worth it if you did. Man they threw Kong out of IMAX here before I could even get there.. I gotta plan for the next IMAX film I want to see for the first week. How are you by the way man? Hope your 2017 is rocking. Can't wait to discuss flash sea 3 with you in the TV section. Well I hope your still watching it lol

11 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Calling Godzilla a "buddy" is pushing it. He inadvertently drowned a lot of people in a tsunami.

Humans are insects to him. He's fighting for territorial reasons, god/guardian metaphor be damned.

Godzilla is mankind's friend, but he's also a force of nature and knows the stakes are high. It's not like he can simply avoid hurting all us little humans defending against evil mutos. He probably expects us to clear the area, hence why he's a hero that may accidentally kill us because of his might. Notice when he's able he's not trying to hurt anyone but the mutos and could have easily took out the battle ships and army if he wanted to. His main focus is ridding the world of evil mutos and his own survival. ?