128 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I have no problem with "false advertising". We all know by now, hopefully, that's it's just something they do. I try not to pay attention to trailers but the Godzilla trailers really were something else. The film wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was close enough. The main disappointment for me was that Bryan Cranston wasn't the main character.

Yes...Cranston and Godzilla were the WHOLE movie we were shown, it's what everyone wanted. The problem is they take a backseat to the Kickass and MUTO show and it will definitely bother a lot of people.
  • Like 2

I don't think Godzilla does take a backseat.

He does (to a big point) in that he was marketed as the threat, as the starting point of the chaos and destruction in the movie, as the reason for all the damage shown in the trailers, as the reason everyone is fearing for their lives...he was none of those things...everything shown was because of the MUTOs and Godzilla was secondary in that he was just the reactionary entity, not the catalyst and reason for it all.
  • Like 3

Guys the speech got cut from the film. It's not false advertising, it was a trailer done before the film's editing was completed. It'll be in the extended cut getting made for the film.

• Like 1

This is my new favorite movie of the year. My body was not ready for those last 30 minutes. 

The scenes with Godzilla attacking the male MUTO with fire (or whatever that was) and throwing that inside the other were received with shock and epicness from my crowd. 

• Like 4

This is my new favorite movie of the year. My body was not ready for those last 30 minutes. 

The scenes with Godzilla attacking the male MUTO with fire (or whatever that was) and throwing that inside the other were received with shock and epicness from my crowd. 

lol…yes his atomic breath scenes were awesome.

• Like 2

He does (to a big point) in that he was marketed as the threat, as the starting point of the chaos and destruction in the movie, as the reason for all the damage shown in the trailers, as the reason everyone is fearing for their lives...he was none of those things...everything shown was because of the MUTOs and Godzilla was secondary in that he was just the reactionary entity, not the catalyst and reason for it all.

And the MUTO's get a long origin story while Godzilla gets 3 lines of dialogue explaining his existence. That's BULLSHIT. This is the "first" movie in a new franchise and they're treating it more like a sequel. If it's the first movie in a franchise, the main character should be the focus.

And the MUTO's get a long origin story while Godzilla gets 3 lines of dialogue explaining his existence. That's BULLSHIT. This is the "first" movie in a new franchise and they're treating it more like a sequel. If it's the first movie in a franchise, the main character should be the focus.

Honestly, again, I do actually prefer the way they did it in this film. Yes, Godzilla gets much less screentime than the MUTO's do, but that just makes the scenes where he does appear all the more powerful and memorable. There's not a single moment when he's onscreen that you're not in awe of him and he isn't overexposed enough to lose that terrifying effect.

While he may not have been the focus for a lot of the movie, there's no doubt he was the biggest and most impressive thing about it which, in my opinion, is much more satisfying.

Edited by Za Rukaio!
  • Like 4

The more I think about this film the less I like it.

I think im in denial. I just wanted to like it so much. 

Depends on what parts you're thinking about. If you're comparing it to the trailer then I'd recommend letting the film be itself without having to live up to a trailer.

Depends on what parts you're thinking about. If you're comparing it to the trailer then I'd recommend letting the film be itself without having to live up to a trailer.

Its the 2nd act which is ballooned and the film lost its focus, it losses it characters along the way, I mean Aaron Johnson has like 4 lines in the last hour. 

Its the 2nd act which is ballooned and the film lost its focus, it losses it characters along the way, I mean Aaron Johnson has like 4 lines in the last hour. 

Eh I disagree. The film flows fine IMHO. Also I think this is the firs time I've heard someone complain that there wasn't enough human stuff in this film.  :unsure:

Eh I disagree. The film flows fine IMHO. Also I think this is the firs time I've heard someone complain that there wasn't enough human stuff in this film.  :unsure:

the film completely restarts after Cranston death as if the whole first act didnt matter. 

• Like 2

the film completely restarts after Cranston death as if the whole first act didnt matter. 

The first act was all build-up. Without the arrogance of keeping the MUTO there and studying it instead of killing it,  the film wouldn't've happen. 

What bothered me was how many characters this had and yet not a single one developed during the movie..

• Like 3