baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

So hows about those Saturday numbers?

It's been oddly fairly quiet. I really hope they didn't follow what Rth said and go prepare for seppuku or anything of the likes.
  • Like 1

Go on Mr. Pink, tell us how you really feel....

I enjoyed Godzilla quite a bit. I enjoyed TDKR quite a bit, but I quit playing that whole Aurora speculation game two years ago.

The Interstellar trailer may or may not have done some strange things to my pants.

It didn't. But I do like the trailer a lot

• Like 6

Clearly is not about TDKR. It's about how weak 2014 slate is relative to other films. MAN OF STEELS 128m seems all time great compared to these 90 million openers.

One minute it's 116M OW, the next it's 128M. Ya'll better settle on one number so I can start getting the right multiplier out for it.
  • Like 6

One minute it's 116M OW, the next it's 128M. Ya'll better settle on one number so I can start getting the right multiplier out for it.

116M Official OW.2.5x Multiplier
  • Like 1

Date's done; since I'm a post whore, let's do Q+A rather than a write-up ;)

How was Jon Hamm?

Was there a scene were Jon Hamm did an intense stare into the background?

Did Bill Paxton pee his pants at any point during the movie?

Any cameos by Bob Benson or Pete Campbell?

Are you more inclined to watch Mad Men this week or less inclined?

Did you get an Interstellar trailer?

• Like 3

After waiting for Godzilla for some time, on the weekend it finally releases I cannot watch it, and due to travel can't even discuss the box office on here. Will probably be watching it next week but I have to say that a 38M OD is amazing, and the 29-31M Saturday was expected since it obviously wouldn't play like a family movie.

• Like 2

Haha, just read this over on BOM's Friday report:

Word-of-mouth on Godzilla is decidedly mixed: it earned a so-so "B+" CinemaScore on Friday, and anecdotal evidence suggests that the movie's detractors are quite vocal.

You're damn skippy. :lol:

Ray must have seen the film and not like it.

• Like 1