baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

You need to see Gojira. Greatest monster movie ever and one of the most humanist films you will ever see. The build-up to Godzilla's appearance in that film is a million times better than in GZ2014. He is a mystery in Gojira, but he causes all kinds of problems right from the get go of the movie just like the shark in Jaws. In GZ2014

he isn't doing jack shit for the first hour of the movie.

That's terrible IMHO. The destruction of Tokyo in Gojira is absolutely chilling to watch knowing what happened in Japan less than 10 years earlier.

Maybe. Honestly, I'm not especially interested, though.

Edited by Telemachos

That and the fact that there is already an all-time classic Godzilla movie and it's miles better than this 2014 flick. Even with the exact same human character problems, they still could have drastically improved on this by

not making Godzilla take a backseat to the other creatures for the first 90 minutes.

Just finishing watching the 1956 version, Godzilla is dead :sadno:

Edited by Telemachos

I will say I think DOFP is locked for 100m OW now (not 4 day), since it's always seemed like DOFP would open larger than this.

Or vice versa and Godzilla holds so strong he grounds the mutants somewhat.. :) I hope both Xmen and Godzilla make massive numbers next weekend :)

• Like 1

Maybe. Honestly, I'm not especially interested, though.

Why not? You're a film lover right? You just plopped down God knows how much for the CGI-fest watered down version of the character. Why no interest in where it started? That film is a piece of art, unlike every other Godzilla film after it.

You'll probably say I'm hating, but realistically a 2.5-2.7x multi is what it will get if WOM is neither awful nor amazing and with that big of an OW+competition. So 230-260, depending on how high the OW gets. Unless it really does have great WOM like some of you think.

I feel 260-270 is the floor but we could be seeing amazing legs if tons of people keep choosing to go back Movie man :)

You'll probably say I'm hating, but realistically a 2.5-2.7x multi is what it will get if WOM is neither awful nor amazing and with that big of an OW+competition. So 230-260, depending on how high the OW gets. Unless it really does have great WOM like some of you think.

That's not bad at all. :) Would LOVE those numbers.

• Like 2

Why not? You're a film lover right? You just plopped down God knows how much for the CGI-fest watered down version of the character. Why no interest in where it started? That film is a piece of art, unlike every other Godzilla film after it.

Ooh, dem are fighting words.:popcorn:
  • Like 1

I disagree with that one Red.. This is the most emotional and  expressive Godzilla in history of the character.  I dont like Godzilla being the bad guy, but the 1954 film is legendary. No doubt about... But there are legendary moments in the 2014 Version too :)

I don't feel like I have to watch every animated Justice League movie before I see whatever WB puts out in a few years either. I'm not trying to be harsh, it's not like I have antipathy towards it. There are countless older films I'd like to catch up on and it's not at the top of my list, that's all.
  • Like 8

Gojira's a 10/10 film. Godzilla 2014's still excellent though and so is Godzilla vs Biollante, GMK, and Godzilla vs Destoroyah. The good stuff doesn't end with Gojira.

• Like 4

I would say 280-300 though if WOM is great. But it has a lot of competition to fight off coming up...

Even if the competition wasn't doing well, it'll lose screens to them regardless, so I'm thinking anything past 250m is a stretch. I'll be happy for anything above 200m.

• Like 2

Guys it's all fun and games btw.Let's not get out of hand here. Everyone has there opinion and we should respect it(including Tele's):P

• Like 3