baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I love a good monster mash. GZ2014's fight scene at the end was awesome. But that makes it a fun popcorn movie. Gojira rises above the material and actually has something important to say about humanity. And unlike so much of the contrived Oscar-bait we've seen through the decades, that film strikes a chord because you know the people who made it were deeply affected by the atomic bombings.

I'm not saying they're on Gojira's level ((NOTHING in the franchise will EVER be on that level again.)) but they're damn fine films on their own right and in a franchise with 25+ films it's damn impressive. 

• Like 1

Why is it a bad comparison? For people who love the various DC characters, there are whole sagas that deserve careful viewing, and (presumably) characters done far better than the eventual live-action version. Same here (or for any other genres), if you love the genre or character then exploring the variation cinema versions is worth it. If you're just a casual fan, it may well end up enlightening on one level or another but still perhaps not worth the investment of time, depending on how much they're interested in the first place.

The Justice League movie is going to have be amazing if it wants to be better than the brilliant animated TV shows.

• Like 2

I know you may want to bslap me my friend , but I think Andrew and Webb could get the pink slip if this Spidey makes under or barely makes 200M, then makes subpar  #s OS.. Its not looking too insanse OS  either.. So yep  marketing team getting some walking papers. I think they need to boot out the screen play guys as well. LOL

I have no idea why they hired Dumb and Dumber.....erm Orci and Kurtzman for the script.

• Like 1

Why is it a bad comparison? For people who love the various DC characters, there are whole sagas that deserve careful viewing, and (presumably) characters done far better than the eventual live-action version. Same here (or for any other genres), if you love the genre or character then exploring the variation cinema versions is worth it. If you're just a casual fan, it may well end up enlightening on one level or another but still perhaps not worth the investment of time, depending on how much they're interested in the first place.

It's a bad comparison because Gojira is not some little side-show animation project. It is the foundation of the character/story. It's like saying you'd rather watch a remake of Jaws than watch Jaws itself.

Good jump. Don't like that 52% drop.  Looks like Cap took a hit too. Might have to wait a couple more days to see the 250m.

CA2 will pass $250m on Sunday.  It only needed $3.2m  and it from early numbers it will be at $3.7m+

It probably also already passed $700m WW on Friday

• Like 2

I think it looks pretty good, actually.

I smell tank for TC with this one Tele.... Audience  Reaction was as weak as  a puppy.  I wonder why no one is giving Lucy some talk.  My crowd  took notice as did I.. Lucy may be another BO suprise.

Good jump. Don't like that 52% drop.  Looks like Cap took a hit too. Might have to wait a couple more days to see the 250m.

E, what do you mean? With that 1.6M Sat number, Cap is about 500k away from 250M. It'll pass it with Sunday number.
  • Like 1

The Justice League movie is going to have be amazing if it wants to be better than the brilliant animated TV shows.

fancy  I love you man... I Was about to tell Red buddy that.. That some of those JLA and JLU episodes rival any SH film Ive seen today.. Not to mention JL and JLU won emmys!

• Like 1

I smell tank for TC with this one Tele.... Audience  Reaction was as weak as  a puppy.  I wonder why no one is giving Lucy some talk.  My crowd  took notice as did I.. Lucy may be another BO suprise.

I dunno if it'll make any money, I just meant it looks interesting to me.

• Like 2

Okay, I already saw the movie so some of things being said would have spoilers for me.

Feel free to report any spoilers. I have been in this thread for a while now and the worst I have seen is...

Godzillas screen time revealed which could be up for debate

• Like 2

Okay, I already saw the movie so some of things being said would have spoilers for me.

Makes sense.

Honestly you probably shouldn't be surprised that this thread is full of so many spoilers. Most movie threads are known to spoil things.

• Like 1