baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

At least Twilight had interesting characters. Godzillas characters are vanilla cardboard.

I weep for humanity. :( Where's Godzilla to destroy everything when you need him?  :unsure:

• Like 3

I once saw a film years ago where i was the only one in the showing, i felt guilty as hell lol.

Catching up with the thread, but I had to share since it's on topic:

Many years ago I was up in Chicago alone for work, and there was a theater next to the hotel. I went to see Godzilla 2000 and I was the only one there.

• Like 3

Watanabe wasn't given much to do but he did have the most poignant moment of the film.

His dad's Hiroshima watch.

Which was also a plothole since the movie took place in 2014 and Watanabe would have had to be

at least 70 years old if his dad died in Hiroshima. And that's if he was an infant when it happened.

• Like 1

Got to love the pile ons when someone's movie opinion goes against popular opinions. :lol:

I hope you're not implying popular opinion is the movie is amazing? Of course we don't know WOM yet, but critical reception, CinemaScore, and other online rating are all implying very mixed reception. Some love it, some hate it, lots of in betweens.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Catching up with the thread, but I had to share since it's on topic:

Many years ago I was up in Chicago alone for work, and there was a theater next to the hotel. I went to see Godzilla 2000 and I was the only one there.

I kept expecting an usher to come up to me and say there was a fault and they wouldn't be able to show the film but they never did, fair play to them.

Godzilla would have benefited from Twilights awesomeness. At least you dont fall asleep and the fights are not off screen.

Which was also a plothole since the movie took place in 2014 and Watanabe would have had to be

at least 70 years old if his dad died in Hiroshima. And that's if he was an infant when it happened.

They never said that his dad died. 

Godzilla would have benefited from Twilights awesomeness. At least you dont fall asleep and the fights are not off screen.

You mean I imagined that whole final 20 minutes? I must have an awesome imagination.

• Like 1

Better legs than Captain America despite way more competition and mixed reception? Doubt it

Boy, once you get it in your head that you're going to hate a film early on you sure do take it all the way. Even after the OD number you were like "meh, it's good and it's not." You really must be distraught that this is breaking out. Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 3

I hope you're not implying popular opinion is the movie is amazing? Of course we don't know WOM yet, but critical reception, CinemaScore, and other online rating are all implying very mixed reception. Some love it, some hate it, lots of in betweens.

73% on RT is mixed? 80% on RT is mixed? I think people need to revaluate the meaning of mixed.