baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

probably. i see 'Edge of Tomorrow' at about $90mil and 'Jupiter' as low as $60mil. Decent for Edge of Tomorrow i suppose, awful for Jupiter but i could be dead wrong with that.

I get Jupiter, but what is the budget on Edge?  It can't be that much, can it?  Plus, with $90m domestic, it should be good for at least $200m WW like his last few movies.  Maybe more?

• Like 1

I get Jupiter, but what is the budget on Edge?  It can't be that much, can it?  Plus, with $90m domestic, it should be good for at least $200m WW like his last few movies.  Maybe more?

It is apparently the most expensive movie of WB this Summer, costing between 175M and 200M.

yeah i agree with that. I don't know what the budget for Edge is but $90-100mil would be decent for the US with another 200mil or so from overseas.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I go to the movie to watch the movie, not hang out with other people. I was visiting my parents a number of months ago and I had a flight to catch in the evening. My dad wanted to go to a movie. I was reluctant to do so. My mom figured out that I wanted to spend time with THEM, not be in a dark movie theater watching a movie together. That is not my idea of quality time, especially when you know you have to leave soon.

Not only that, but it's not like other people are sitting there staring at you or mocking you for being alone.  If I'm with friends/family, the last thing on my mind are other people.  

• Like 4

Are people here really that scared about going to the movies by themselves?  I have done that since I was a teenager.   I just like movies way to much to miss out on them I guess.

I actually love going to late shows on Sunday lol not a lot of people go in this area even for Imax.

I don't know why some people have this weird stigma about going alone.

It's like, I don't give a fuck about you and I know you don't give a fuck about me too... So who cares?

I do like to go see movies with my dad when I can though. Been watching stuff together for years ever since I was a kid so it's always nice to go home on some weekends and watch together.

• Like 5