baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

So back to the debate on people seeing movies by themselves.....my parents hate when I see movies by myself they think its weird but I don't see it as a big deal. I mean the only thing that sucks about seeing movies by yourself is that you have no one to talk about the movie with when the movie's done. 

Brief Spoiler-Free Review

I honestly could have skipped the first 50 minutes of the movie. It seriously felt like a long teaser. I understand it's more of a buildup, but seriously? The ending pretty much saved the movie from being a complete disaster. The last 20 minutes or so was AMAZING. I'm still disappointed overall.

7/10.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie. It just feels like it was letdown. The IMAX wasn't even needed since it wasn't even filmed in IMAX. The 3D was also completely useless. Ugh.

:cloud9:

• Like 7

So back to the debate on people seeing movies by themselves.....my parents hate when I see movies by myself they think its weird but I don't see it as a big deal. I mean the only thing that sucks about seeing movies by yourself is that you have no one to talk about the movie with when the movie's done. 

You have hundreds of people on here!, who needs real friends when this place exists. :D

• Like 2

Dammit, Tele, ya beat me to it with pointing out it was the same Warners/Legendary team that did PR that did Godzilla.But what is different is how brilliantly Godzilla was marketed, compared to the incredibly crappy campaing for PR.Legendary was insane to do a campaign that seemed to have no interest in appealing to anybody other then the Sci Fi/Kaiju geeks, and it was only in the last two weeks that Warners, seeing how badly the film was tracking, took over the marketing and made a last minute attempt to appeal to the General Audience. It was too little, too late.I am betting the Warners point blank told Legendary, after the fiasco with the PR marketing, that Warners would handle the marketing, and they have done so brilliantly. From the beginning they aimed it at the General Audience, knowing the geeks would come anyway.And It has paid off.

No, WB owns/controls Godzilla and Legendary owns PR. That why they cared.
  • Like 2

So I'm watching the 98 Godzilla. Those main titles are actually really fantastic huh? Tonally they couldn't be more at odds with the rest of the movie but they're really nifty.

Edited by ddddeeee

Brief Spoiler-Free Review

I honestly could have skipped the first 50 minutes of the movie. It seriously felt like a long teaser. I understand it's more of a buildup, but seriously? The ending pretty much saved the movie from being a complete disaster. The last 20 minutes or so was AMAZING. I'm still disappointed overall.

7/10.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie. It just feels like it was letdown. The IMAX wasn't even needed since it wasn't even filmed in IMAX. The 3D was also completely useless. Ugh.

:cloud9:

You saw it at Lincoln Square though, right? So you still got to see it on the biggest screen in the United States, even without any IMAX footage.

• Like 1

You saw it at Lincoln Square though, right? So you still got to see it on the biggest screen in the United States, even without any IMAX footage.

I've seen TDK, TDKR, THG:CF, etc, and it was used properly. Only about 70% of the screen was used. It was the size of a LIEMAX. I get it though. Still bigger than yours...

:o  :P

Edited by #ED
  • Like 3

So I'm watching the 98 Godzilla. Those main titles are actually really fantastic huh? Tonally they couldn't be more at odds with the rest of the movie but they're really nifty.

The mere existence of the 98 films leads me to believe this new version can only be good

I've seen TDK, TDKR, THG:CF, etc, and it was used properly. Only about 70% of the screen was used. It was the size of a LIEMAX. I get it though. Still bigger than yours...

:o  :P

That's still a big ass LieMAX though. The screen is what, 100 feet wide? The 2D RPX screen I saw it on was probably 60 feet wide and it was pretty cool. I was able to avoid the 3D bullshit too, which is nice. I really dislike how all IMAX showtimes are in 3D these days.

• Like 1

That's still a big ass LieMAX though. The screen is what, 100 feet wide? The 2D RPX screen I saw it on was probably 60 feet wide and it was pretty cool. I was able to avoid the 3D bullshit too, which is nice. I really dislike how all IMAX showtimes are in 3D these days.

I agree. I would have liked it more in 2D. This IMAX doesn't give the choice.

Dat $21.50 price...