baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I was going to post something around mid arvo PST, but I figured people probably commit hara-kari :)

GodZ sat 29-31 (it has improved from earlier), see how evening progresses

Thanks Rth. So kind of you to drop us a nugget. 

Hmmm at that number though. So it's not gonna match Friday + previews. Thought it would or come close.

So another 90m debut. 

Edited by ECSTASY

Probably won't beat ASM2 either. A typical 30% Sunday drop would give it around $90m for the weekend. If the West Coast can come in strong tonight, it could sneak past Spidey for the weekend.

OST dropped 26.4% so it's possible that Godzilla has similar Sunday hold which would be just enough to beat 91M+ Spidey, if hits close to 31M on Saturday. 

• Like 1

29-31m is a 20-25% drop from 38.525m (+0-6% from non-previews friday)

if it improves to 32-33m, 14-15% drop.

so won't beat ca2 for the biggest ow of the year so far.

still amazing. i guess tasm2 should fall.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Fast and Furious 6 on HBO.Paul Walker. :(______Sam, you see Godzilla yet? If so, rating?

Yeah, I caught a late show last night. Quite entertaining but also disappointing to me. Good direction and visual, average scripts and acting. Give me no reasons to care about the main characters. I would say B-How about you?
  • Like 2

Thanks Rth. So kind of you to drop us a nugget. 

Hmmm at that number though. So it's not gonna match Friday + previews. Thought it would or come close.

Cap 2 will remain number 1 OW for the year and if DOFP doesn't beat it next week than I'm not sure any movie beats it until MJ1. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Kinda knew the film would be frontloaded.

Seems to be happening quite a bit recently...perhaps with Thursday night previews being counted towards Friday total, its causing inflated opening days (shooting expectations up) before it simmers down on Saturday/Sunday...

• Like 1

Thanks Rth. So kind of you to drop us a nugget. Hmmm at that number though. So it's not gonna match Friday + previews. Thought it would or come close. So another 90m debut.

E, you see it?

Yeah, I caught a late show last night. Quite entertaining but also disappointing to me. Good direction and visual, average scripts and acting. Give me no reasons to care about the main characters.I would say B-How about you?

That's where I am with it sort of. I thought the script was below average. 

• Like 1

Seems to be happening quite a bit recently...perhaps with Thursday night previews being counted towards Friday total, its causing inflated opening days (shooting expectations up) before it simmers down on Saturday/Sunday...

I believe that is the case. Way more casual movie goers can go to the 7 and 8 PM shows than could ever go to the midnight shows of years past.

• Like 2

OST dropped 26.4% so it's possible that Godzilla has similar Sunday hold which would be just enough to beat 91M+ Spidey, if hits close to 31M on Saturday. 

I can see Warners pushing Godzilla so it manages to beat ASM2's OW in the estimates... :ph34r:

I'm really hoping Gozilla is the official winner OW though. :P

• Like 3