LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

We almost kicked out Spain from the Euro so we do have a chance but I always like to go in pessimistic :D

I think it is going to be a fun World Cup. Hell, these things usually always are a lot of fun. Both the European Cup and the World Cup. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

all of those games are made in tune to the TV broadcasters with infinite time outs and other breaks for them to fill in with their boring Ads.

Soccer is a non stop game (in 2 halves), so the scope of that revenue is pretty less. That is why the broadcasters are not promoting that sport of league here.

You mean it isn't like the nfl which ads needless commercial breaks in order to suck more revenue from advertisers. I  still love the nfl but 10 five second plays followed by 5 min of commercials gets bad

Edited by The Sun's Son

Since it's the same time zone the TV ratings for USA games will probably only be exceeded by NFL games.  Here's an interesting graph of the MLB World Series vs the NBA finals.  Some World Cup games will probably top both.

Posted Image

I remember 4 years ago reading that the games pulled pretty good ratings. 

America is in the same group as Germany, Portugal and Ghana. If America defeats Ghana in the first game, and Portugal will probably lose is the game against Germany, Portugal/America is gonna be a war. It will be the decisive game for both teams. 

The final gets a billion views it is more than just Europe

China and India makes half of the world population i think. Even if 10% of them tuned in, it can dwarf any other ratings. Soccer is very popular in china and parts of India. Extremely popular in East Asia and Middle east.

Scottish football fans are permanently fucking worked up like hell and can't nobody play football over here. there have been world cup songs written about how we failed to qualify. no wavin' flag or world in motion here. 

You mean it isn't like the nfl which ads needless commercial breaks in order to suck more revenue from advertisers. I  still love the nfl but 10 five second plays followed by 5 min of commercials gets bad

NFL and NBA..both test the patience at times

Scottish football fans are permanently fucking worked up like hell and can't nobody play football over here. there have been world cup songs written about how we failed to qualify. no wavin' flag or world in motion here. 

I think the Scots are annoyed that they suck even more than England :P

My existence on this site and every other site is a God send Noctis.. Without me, trolling wouldn't be an art..

Of course. Are you predicting 400M DOM for Guardians of the Galaxy?

I take it you haven't seen the movie then BKB. When the best part of the movie we already saw in the first trailer then you know something is wrong.

"Oh look it's Godzilla and he's about to have a huge fight! *cuts to generic army guy*"

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to be reasonable on the GOTG Prediction and knock it down to around 200-250M Domestic.. This looks to, well, odd to make that sort of $$$$ unless there's an RDJ cameo like in the comics when IRONMAN meets the GOTG.. Right now, I'm lowering it and to be honest, this looks like something I'll have to see stoned to appreciate the odd ball look of this movie...

Surely it's not possible that I'm more interested in GOTG than BKB.... right? Not possible. Not possible.

• Like 4

I take it you haven't seen the movie then BKB. When the best part of the movie we already saw in the first trailer then you know something is wrong.

"Oh look it's Godzilla and he's about to have a huge fight! *cuts to generic army guy*"

GODZILLA is a fantastic movie. Puts most recent summer blockbusters to shame.

• Like 8

Godzilla was an awesome movie. 

• Like 2

I'm gonna have to be reasonable on the GOTG Prediction and knock it down to around 200-250M Domestic.. This looks to, well, odd to make that sort of $$$$ unless there's an RDJ cameo like in the comics when IRONMAN meets the GOTG.. Right now, I'm lowering it and to be honest, this looks like something I'll have to see stoned to appreciate the odd ball look of this movie...

WAT

Holy shit. 

GODZILLA is a fantastic movie. Puts most recent summer blockbusters to shame.

People wanted a full action spectacle. I am pretty sure people trashed the last one because it had way too much action (I am obviously talking about MoS here). And now they are complaining because Godzilla doesn't have enough action... Whatever.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2