LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Ecstasy, any and or all Watanabe gifs are AWESOME.. And that is why we have a sequel being greenlighted that can improve upon whatever it is folks are complaining about not having in this 1st movie...

For the record I didn't hate the movie.

• Like 1

Godzilla is a totally average and forgettable movie . Not as good as it should have been. People aren't complaining because of lack of action. They are complaining because 1. The human "drama" was dull as shit, 2. The lead actor was awful and 3.

Godzilla was a guest star. An honest title for the movie would be MUTOs

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4

Godzilla is a totally average and forgettable movie . Not as good as it should have been. People aren't complaining because of lack of action. They are complaining because 1. The human "drama" was dull as shit, 2. The lead actor was awful and

3. Godzilla was a guest star. An honest title for the movie would be MUTOs

Posted Image

i liked the movie. but agree with all the 3 points to some degree.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Godzilla is a totally average and forgettable movie . Not as good as it should have been. People aren't complaining because of lack of action. They are complaining because 1. The human "drama" was dull as shit, 2. The lead actor was awful and 3. Godzilla was a guest star. An honest title for the movie would be MUTOs

Some people are. Not all.

• Like 1

Godzilla is a totally average and forgettable movie . Not as good as it should have been. People aren't complaining because of lack of action. They are complaining because 1. The human "drama" was dull as shit, 2. The lead actor was awful and 3. Godzilla was a guest star. An honest title for the movie would be MUTOs

This is one of the most absurd complaints I've heard about the movie (obviously you're not the only one who's making it). There are countless iconic monster/thriller movies with the creature name in the title*, and they don't get this complaint... including the original GODZILLA. You might not connect with the movie -- that's fair enough -- but bitching about literal screen time is... insanity.

To name a few:

[*]Jeff Goldblum doesn't remotely get to be "The Fly" in THE FLY. In fact, he's not even remotely close to it until the conclusion.

[*]The shark makes only token appearances in JAWS until the very end, and he has far less screen time than Godzilla.

[*]The xenomorph in ALIEN.

[*]The predator in PREDATOR.

[*]The thing in THE THING.

[*]Dracula in BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA.

[*]The Graboids in TREMORS.

[*]Frankenstein in FRANKENSTEIN.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 10

I like how some Godzilla 2014 fans defend the movie in really kind of silly ways. Like going "you can't handle buildup and just want non stop action" or "they had to keep Godzilla hidden like they did the shark in Jaws". Lolz

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

I like how some Godzilla 2014 fans defend the movie in really kind of silly ways. Like going "you can't handle buildup and just want non stop action" or "they had to keep Godzilla hidden like they did the shark in Jaws". Lolz

I like how you didn't even try to debunk Tele's point. 

• Like 2

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. I thought there was a perfect amount of action and spectacle, and anymore would ruin the mood, but that's just my opinion. Sue me. 

• Like 2