LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

• Community Manager

And Godzilla is far, far more flawed in almost every way

Godzilla beats JP in editing. Every sequence of Godzilla is beautifully put together. I'd say even the camera angles are better crafted.

There I said it.

• Like 6

Nobody is saying JP isn't better than GODZILLA. No one is saying it's not an awesome movie. But it's perfectly fair to point out imperfections... nothing wrong with that, every movie has 'em.

Agreed. Godzilla just has more.
  • Like 1

Flat one-note human characters? JP besides one character, Hammond. 

characters in JP are far more endearing and memorable than the ones in Godzilla

also the lead actor wasn't this guy lol

Posted Image

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

characters in JP are far more endearing and memorable than the ones in Godzilla

also the lead actor wasn't this guy lol

Posted Image

Says this like the kids WEREN'T annoying..... Or that Ray Arnold and Muldoon weren't walking cliches. Now does that make JP less awesome? No. But lets not kid ourselves here.

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 1

No way. That's all I will say. Kind of sad you have to tear JP down to prop up Godzilla

JP was one of the first real blockbusters I ever saw and I loved it, I still do, but it has flaws and the fact that I can still love it despite those flaws is proof to me of how good it is. This is also how I feel about Godzilla, I know it has flaws but those flaws are nothing in comparison to the movie as a whole.

• Like 2

And Godzilla is far, far more flawed in almost every way

That's nostalgia talking though.

Don't get me wrong, JP is a classic and it will always be one, but its flaws, similar to Godzilla, are there.

It's a lot of what ifs, but if we somehow hold two films to the same standard, and they have similar flaws, you can't ignore them.

There are many stuff JP does better than Godzilla, but it's true for the other way around too.

In spite of all that, JP is fucking amazing lol

• Like 2