LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Fuck a Godzilla vs. Jurassic Park debate, this is what I've been waiting for! But I'm driving now and can't properly join In :/

Sure you do. You also have time to record your commute apparently.
  • Like 1

JP is one of my favorite films of all time. The kids running to hug their grandpa was so awkward. Slightly off topic, but A.I is Spielberg's best film. It's a stunning achievement.

• Like 2

That's nostalgia talking though.

Don't get me wrong, JP is a classic and it will always be one, but its flaws, similar to Godzilla, are there.

It's a lot of what ifs, but if we somehow hold two films to the same standard, and they have similar flaws, you can't ignore them.

There are many stuff JP does better than Godzilla, but it's true for the other way around too.

In spite of all that, JP is fucking amazing lol

no it's not,  I can clearly see that anything that Godzilla tried to do JP did it a lot better

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I must say one thing though. No way Godzilla is edited better. Jurassic Park is a perfectly paced beast

I'd say Jurassic Park is paced really well and there's some memorable sequences but it's lack of any real visual style or flair ultimately dooms it in the editing/angle department. Godzilla is simply a beast to look at (and I'm not talking CGI): it's a visually beautiful film. Jurassic Park, in comparison, is vanilla.

I mean I'm not saying Godzilla's better. JP's a classic. Something Godzilla isn't. But JP has the same flaws as Godzilla does.

in what way? 

oh and I don't say that JP is a perfect movie, but no way would I go "JP has the exact same flaws as Godzilla"

Edited by John Marston

• Community Manager

I mean I'm not saying Godzilla's better. JP's a classic. Something Godzilla isn't. But JP has the same flaws as Godzilla does.

It's a bit early to say with any real definitive knowledge on whether Godzilla is a classic or not. Hell, a lot of movies we think are classics now were disliked when they first came out and a lot of movies that were liked we now see as terrible.

• Like 2

I'd say Jurassic Park is paced really well and there's some memorable sequences but it's lack of any real visual style or flair ultimately dooms it in the editing/angle department. Godzilla is simply a beast to look at (and I'm not talking CGI): it's a visually beautiful film. Jurassic Park, in comparison, is vanilla.

Should we take this outside?
  • Like 3

in what way? 

oh and I don't say that JP is a perfect movie, but no way would I go "JP has the exact same flaws as Godzilla"

The characters. Give me a character who changed at all besides Hammond in JP. Annoying kids. Walking cliches ((Ray Arnold, Nedry, Dodgson, Muldoon)).